MOTO3 project

Debate and discussion about the feeder classes of MotoGP, including the fabulous 250s, the thrilling 125s, and the madness that is the Red Bull Rookies
dave pearce

Re: MOTO3 project

Post by dave pearce »

This project started as a rolling chassis designed and entirely built by my company Tigcraft It was then passed on to the customer and after a while simply faded away
much to my chagrin. No one has ever asked me to build a Moto3 since. So I have built one. On Saturday May21st 2016 having turned a wheel for the first time the previous
day my new Mahindra powered Moto 3 ridden by Tom Booth Amos won the HEL Motostar Moto3 race at Brands Hatch BSB setting the fastest lap in the process.
As I am now retired everything was made in my small workshop using a tube bender an inverter Tig welder and my small Chinese lathe+ an old bloke with boundless enthusiasm. For years I have looked on this excellent forum and cringed every time I looked at this stillborn project. This proves that actions speak louder than words.
Sorry don't know to post pictures. Try Atelier Tigcraft France Facebook page

speeddog

Post by speeddog »

When you write a post, there's a small button just left of center - Img

Click that, and insert the location of the photo between the tags, like so:

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57E4476E[/img]

I've put spaces between the i, m, and g so that the software won't execute the command.

With no spaces, the above looks like this (I like your shirt :D ) :

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

dave pearce wrote:This project started as a rolling chassis designed and entirely built by my company Tigcraft It was then passed on to the customer and after a while simply faded away
much to my chagrin. No one has ever asked me to build a Moto3 since. So I have built one. On Saturday May21st 2016 having turned a wheel for the first time the previous
day my new Mahindra powered Moto 3 ridden by Tom Booth Amos won the HEL Motostar Moto3 race at Brands Hatch BSB setting the fastest lap in the process.
As I am now retired everything was made in my small workshop using a tube bender an inverter Tig welder and my small Chinese lathe+ an old bloke with boundless enthusiasm. For years I have looked on this excellent forum and cringed every time I looked at this stillborn project. This proves that actions speak louder than words.
Sorry don't know to post pictures. Try Atelier Tigcraft France Facebook page
Great work Dave, I posted the pic for you since the thread is still pinned after all this time