The Zarco pic on the main page

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
bikermike

The Zarco pic on the main page

Post by bikermike »

of him taking a smoking bike across the track. What is the story behind that? presumably it was in practice as he finished the race?

It doesn't look terribly clever, but I can see that if it was say a popped breather hose misting oil onto a hot exhaust why it is not a problem, but he's not doing much to endear himself at the moment is he?

MiniNinjaMk5

Re: The Zarco pic on the main page

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

I didn't see the session but think it was FP4(?) and just before QP - the session had to be delayed because they were checking/cleaning the track surface

Like you say he should have known better, lots of "club racers would know not to do that" type comments, as you can imagine.

Think he is just a bit of an 'interesting' (I will say) mercurial character and just in his own head space sometimes. Obviously something ticks at the right time as he can be one of the fastest motorcyclists on the planet on his day (and can also do back-flips :D ) , but other times he goes off on one.

I hope next year he can stay with the Ducati model that he has now (the 2019 one that was designed for Lorenzo), think they have really similar riding styles and it suited him. Better support and being in the Pramac team I could see him being a regular podium contender.

bikermike

Re: The Zarco pic on the main page

Post by bikermike »

Speaking as an ex-club racer, I'd say, I've seen better and worse behaviour. And his bike probably doesn't have any plastic metal forming any part of the cases...

Also, short of an actual oil slick a club race would just sling some cement dust down and carry on... it can be quite unnerving the day after classic race meets, the cumulative cement trails make you wonder if anyone made it round at all.

But yes, not clever