Back to back at the same track

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
Apical

Back to back at the same track

Post by Apical »

Which riders and teams have done better at the 2nd races of double rounds we have had so far?

Riders; in the order they are now in the world championship;

Joan Mir DNF Jerez 1, 5th Jerez 2 Andalusia, improved. Second place Austria 1, 4th Ost 2 worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 Third place, 2nd Misano 2 for Joan Mir. Not counting the red flagged races, JM36 was leading one of them. Two improved results in the 2nd race at the same venue, one slightly worse, Mir should go well on Sunday (no kiss of death intended or implied).

Fabio Q Won both races at Jerez Andalusia, you cannot improve on perfection, but ya can get worse. Eighth place Austria 1, 13th Ost 2 worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 did not finish the race, 4th Misano 2 a much better result for Fabulous Q. Quartararo is difficult to predict. I hope he makes a better race this time.

Maverick Viñales (say a prayer for my patience someone please.) Top Gun or popgun what? Maverick Viñales the story so far, Second place at Jerez 1 & looked good. Andalusia 2nd Again & my hopes were up. Austria 1, 10th. I was deeply concerned. Ost 2 Maverick has a brain fade. M.V.12 has a brake problem. Demonstrates how to dismount a motorcycle at about 200k or 125 miles per hour. So a worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 6th place, and then WINS Misano 2 excellent result for Mav! Prediction, you must be skidding!!! Either better this weekend than last Gp. Or the opposite of that is just as likely.

Andrea Dovizioso? Like Mav I know not, seems to have lost his mojo. 3rd then 6th at Jerez, Wins Austria 1 after the red flag. 5th at Styrian Gp, 7th Misano 1 8th Misano 2 so probably worse the second time around.

Taka Nakagami 10th then 4th at Jerez, 6th then 7th Austria, 9th then 6th at Misano Adriatico circuit Marco Simoncelli. Going on form Taka should be good, steady, slightly better finish than his 5th place last race.

Franco Morbidelli 5th then dnf at Jerez, mechanical problem, engine started smoking. 8th & 15th Austria, First & 9th Misano. Worse in the second race every time. So no better than 6th this Sunday at Aragon 2.

Alex Rins Jerez 1 nowhere with a shoulder injury, Jerez 2 managed to finish 10. Austria DNF then 6th, Misano 5th then 12th. Better, better, worse. On Sunday should be on the podium, the Suzukis are good and fast!

Jack Miller 4th, DNF at Jerez, 3rd, 2nd Austria, 8th, DNF F.Q.20's tearoff at Misano. Worse better worse. Sunday I hope he rides well. Hoping for better than 7th last time out.

Pol Espargaro 6th then 7th at Jerez, DNF (Zarcoed) then 3rd at Austria, 10th then 3rd at Misano. Worse, better, better. I'm hoping for better for Pol this weekend. More than 4 points last time for 12th place.

More to come...
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

CLX

Re: Back to back at the same track

Post by CLX »

I like this back to back experiment. Imagine this at Phillip Island. :)

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Back to back races at the same track - It's been a lot less consistent than I would of anticipated. Its also a lot less consistent comparing last years results with this year at the same circuit
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

CLX wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:24 am
Don't think we'll be there for a single round for some time :(

atropos

Post by atropos »

Schwantz34 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:15 pm
CLX wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:24 am
Don't think we'll be there for a single round for some time :(
October 24th 2021 has been confirmed as the date for the Phillip Island race next year. Season opener would have been better but I guess the situation with travel to Australia being what it is, it was never likely to happen.

CLX

Post by CLX »

There was no Moto2 rubber on track at Aragon this Sunday to explain Maverick going backwards. It must be all in his head.

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Apical

Post by Apical »

Apical wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:10 am
Which riders and teams have done better at the 2nd races of double rounds we have had so far?

Riders; in the order they are now in the world championship;

Joan Mir DNF Jerez 1, 5th Jerez 2 Andalusia, improved. Second place Austria 1, 4th Ost 2 worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 Third place, 2nd Misano 2 for Joan Mir. Not counting the red flagged races, JM36 was leading one of them. Two improved results in the 2nd race at the same venue, one slightly worse, Mir should go well on Sunday (no kiss of death intended or implied).

Fabio Q Won both races at Jerez Andalusia, you cannot improve on perfection, but ya can get worse. Eighth place Austria 1, 13th Ost 2 worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 did not finish the race, 4th Misano 2 a much better result for Fabulous Q. Quartararo is difficult to predict. I hope he makes a better race this time.

Maverick Viñales (say a prayer for my patience someone please.) Top Gun or popgun what? Maverick Viñales the story so far, Second place at Jerez 1 & looked good. Andalusia 2nd Again & my hopes were up. Austria 1, 10th. I was deeply concerned. Ost 2 Maverick has a brain fade. M.V.12 has a brake problem. Demonstrates how to dismount a motorcycle at about 200k or 125 miles per hour. So a worse result in the 2nd race. Misano 1 6th place, and then WINS Misano 2 excellent result for Mav! Prediction, you must be skidding!!! Either better this weekend than last Gp. Or the opposite of that is just as likely.

Andrea Dovizioso? Like Mav I know not, seems to have lost his mojo. 3rd then 6th at Jerez, Wins Austria 1 after the red flag. 5th at Styrian Gp, 7th Misano 1 8th Misano 2 so probably worse the second time around.

Taka Nakagami 10th then 4th at Jerez, 6th then 7th Austria, 9th then 6th at Misano Adriatico circuit Marco Simoncelli. Going on form Taka should be good, steady, slightly better finish than his 5th place last race.

Franco Morbidelli 5th then dnf at Jerez, mechanical problem, engine started smoking. 8th & 15th Austria, First & 9th Misano. Worse in the second race every time. So no better than 6th this Sunday at Aragon 2.

Alex Rins Jerez 1 nowhere with a shoulder injury, Jerez 2 managed to finish 10. Austria DNF then 6th, Misano 5th then 12th. Better, better, worse. On Sunday should be on the podium, the Suzukis are good and fast!

Jack Miller 4th, DNF at Jerez, 3rd, 2nd Austria, 8th, DNF F.Q.20's tearoff at Misano. Worse better worse. Sunday I hope he rides well. Hoping for better than 7th last time out.

Pol Espargaro 6th then 7th at Jerez, DNF (Zarcoed) then 3rd at Austria, 10th then 3rd at Misano. Worse, better, better. I'm hoping for better for Pol this weekend. More than 4 points last time for 12th place.

More to come...
Predictions of mine as above, Mir did go well as I said.
Fabulous yes he did make a better result, but not that great. Better
Maverick Viñales was about the same believe it or not. 4th at Aragon 1, 7th at Aragon 2, surprisingly consistent. Same same or worse
Dovizioso was worse the second time around, does it say Disillusioned on the arse of his leathers? Worse !
Takaaki Nakagami from 5th to did not finish the first lap, worse result. My prediction was wrong, had been hoping to see Taka on the podium.
Franky goes to Aragon! Win! A winner again!! I got it wrong " no better than 6th this Sunday at Aragon 2." FM 21 better second time around.
Alex Rins a win then second, for a pedant that is a worse result. Think it's a bloody good result for AR 42! Samish?
Crasher Jack Miller; Jesus wept, 9th then rudely rammed from behind, down like a bag of manure off the back of the ute! Worse result.
Four dnfs from 11 races, engine failures, tear-off troubles, Lost the front at Andalucía, punted off at Aragon two. Strike me lucky!
Pol (Peeled Asparagus) Espargaro WAY BETTER !! I got him right. 12th at GRAN PREMIO MICHELIN® DE ARAGÓN, 4th at A2 Better, much better
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death," Hunter S Thompson

Apical

Post by Apical »

After five pairs of back to back races last year, there is no obvious pattern. Except for Pol Espargaro. I have no insight into Sunday's Qatar 2
So an extra weekend of data & experience doesn't make much difference.

My predictions look rather tame. Here they are any way.
The first 8 finishers to get similar results to Qatar 1.

I couldn't possibly pick Maverick to win two races back to back. If Mav wins it will be an Easter miracle!

Jack Miller to do better, despite him usually going worse at the 2nd of two races at the same venue. I'm biased towards Aussies on Ducatis.

Pol Espargaro do better as is his pattern. usually better or similar. Pol is the improver, better/similar results in the back to back races in 2020.

Stefan Bradl similar or worse.

Valentino Rossi Better.

Franco Morbidelli will do better. Perhaps a lot better. I hope to see a great result for Franky

Miguel Oliveira Better but not a lot better. It will be interesting to see how the KTMs go. Plenty of room for improvement.

Brad Binder, Iker Lecuona & Danilo Petrucci; better or similar. Unpredictable! Young Iker needs to improve. I.L.27 needs a second a lap every lap.
Petrux needs to finish the race.

It will be fun to see how Qatar 2 plays out.

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

Top 4 in FP2 are the same top 4 as in FP2 last week. However last week it was won by someone who wasn't in the top 4 of FP2 last week.
My signature isn't particularly interesting