Sylvain Guintoli - Youtube Channel

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
kenup283

Sylvain Guintoli - Youtube Channel

Post by kenup283 »

Sylvain been posting some interesting vids on youtube. First one is based on taking a bone stock GSXR to a track day, doing nothing more than just letting some air out of the tires. The next vid he discusses some suspension changes and gives it a more serious go.

The simple and direct way he explains things I believe shows a lot and that he is a big part behind the sciences of Suzuki's success with their MotoGP program. But enough talking about it, follow link below, worth keeping an eye on for future postings as well.

How'd you like to have him fly past you at your next trackday :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/SylvainGuintoli/videos

Fingernails

Re: Sylvain Guintoli - Youtube Channel

Post by Fingernails »

Interesting. He was about ten seconds off Brookes' BSB pole lap at Oulton Park after changing the suspension on the GSXRR. And, only about five seconds slower than Barbera on the Speedfit Kawasaki who was the slowest qualifier for that race.

I was thinking that the roads he was riding along look very much like the East Midlands back country roads. Then, it was revealed that they were.

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

Looks like he’s added a couple more tracks, Caldwell, Mallory, and brought the family along too which gives them a real human side as well.

Again all on stock bike and same street tires putting it within 10% of top BSB times. Amazing.

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

More videos been added, some really good ones too on riding techniques.

This one most recent compares and contrasts the GSXR with the MotoGP bike. Really good stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8T4wjZPNbM

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

More vids added worth watching. See link in first post above.

Seamless gearboxes the latest , rear brake before that. Older ones like the leg dangle during braking good too.

hdot

Post by hdot »

These have popped up in my feed.... you have pushed me to subscribe

AntG23985

Post by AntG23985 »

I've been enjoying them too, I've met Sylvain a couple of times, a really down to earth fella is our adopted Frenchman.