Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
Mikesbytes

And the Winner is Zarco

Post by Mikesbytes »

My signature isn't particularly interesting

Tourn46

Re: And the Winner is Zarco

Post by Tourn46 »

So... he's said on GP One that he didn't sign with Avintia, he signed with Ducati and that Gigi has promised a good head mechanic. Also stated his plan is to get into the factory team for 2021.

I know a lot of people like him, but his attitude does rub me up the wrong way.

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Tourn46 wrote:So... he's said on GP One that he didn't sign with Avintia, he signed with Ducati and that Gigi has promised a good head mechanic. Also stated his plan is to get into the factory team for 2021.

I can understand your feeling about Zarco.

But, I think that this additional input from Ducati will be of benefit to Avintia. So, that could easily be a good result out of this that I could imagine continuing after Zarco is gone. Pramac, LCR, and Petronas all seem to benefit greatly from their association with manufacturers.

Jagbruno

Post by Jagbruno »

Lorenzo was the smoothest of riders and managed after a little while to adapt *very* well to the Ducati. Zarco is a very smooth rider as well, so this could potentially work out fine... providing the atmosphere in the box remains constructive, which, knowing Avintia’s bosses and Zarco’s temper is not exactly a given.

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

Tourn46 wrote:So... he's said on GP One that he didn't sign with Avintia, he signed with Ducati and that Gigi has promised a good head mechanic. Also stated his plan is to get into the factory team for 2021.

Feeling the same way. His marriage with KTM had me set high hopes. after that end and post antics - i am not sure what to feel about the situation anymore.

Hopefully he isn't a one trick pony and show some potential on the Duc.

Not sure why he is stating his goals of being in the Duc factory team 2021. Just going to push the current riders even more to beat you and clearly not out to make friends which is fair but we are talking about a guy who walked away and now is getting a seat (talent + influence + nationality = preferred treatment) and already talking about taking another's chair. Entitled much?

gwcrim

Post by gwcrim »

herbs

Post by herbs »

And I'd agree. His arrogance is quite plain to see.

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

A good signing by ducati
If he performs well it shows how good the bike is
If he fails everyone will point the finger at him as not being good enough
As for arrogance. All top sports people show this. As if you don’t believe in your own abilities what chance anyone else will
Ducati know they need to replace Dovi to win the championship. But who with
Miller is fast but lacks constancy
Petrucci a good team player
Bagnia. Needs to improve to keep his seat in 2021
Big money signings which may or may not payoff

herbs

Post by herbs »

There's a difference between belief in your ability and coming across as an up yourself wanker.

warthog1

Post by warthog1 »

Who would know what he is really like? We form opinions from what we read in a press that thrives on controversy and outrage.
You would expect there aren't many chances left in any case so he better make it work.
Agree with Vmax. If he goes alright the bike looks good. If he doesn't he is a dud rocket.

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

Even Rossi was somewhat subdued when going back to Yamaha when Lorenzo was #1 in the team. Granted he had plans to take the # 1 spot but at the time he knew hes coming back with his tail between his legs and showed some humility. Or so i remember in the pressers.

Zarco just seems to be brash and in his own world at the moment. Granted hes a racer and full of ego etc etc - but we need results first :lol: :lol:

Mikesbytes

Post by Mikesbytes »

From the comments below one of the articles.
Well, disrespecting your team before you even go there it's a little dumb.
My signature isn't particularly interesting

Vmax666

Post by Vmax666 »

Perhaps avintia need someone to tell them how it is
After having two pay to ride riders and not even giving them the support they need for half decent results, avintia need to show they deserve to be in the premier class
Maybe now ducati are financing some of the team they will improve things for Rabat as well

Elton

Post by Elton »

Zarco is going to get another rude shock next year I think. Rabat will be a tough teammate and the Ducati, while no doubt better than the KTM, will take some getting used to. Be interesting to see how he copes if Rabat hammers him Pol Espargaro style. I wasn't as impressed by his Honda rides as others were, and I still think his results at Yamaha were mainly due to him being able to get away with running the softest tyre in the race quite often. His style made it possible, but depending on track conditions and what compounds Michelin bring each round it's an advantage that can evaporate very quickly. That's why I rate Quartararo's results this year more highly than Zarco's breakout rookie year on the satellite M1.

Rick650

Post by Rick650 »

I don't think Zarco is brash, he just says what he thinks more than her probably should. This is a proven recipe for unpopularity in the MotoGP world when the most popular riders are those able to smile or make funny faces even in the worst situation.
Zarco compounds this by seeming to be dour and slightly negative though he might present differently in his native language.
His negative comments about the KTM bikes and the Avintia team are hard to dispute and given that Avintia were the only ticket left not taken might have been an attempt to achieve a deal with a better Avintia in 2020. Hopefully with greater Ducati support this might happen which would be good for Zarco, Rabat, Avintia and MotoGP generally because Avintia have been crap for too long.

Schwantz34

Post by Schwantz34 »

I hope it's not just Zarco who gets the improved support and poor old Tito is left where he's been the last couple of years