Jorge Lorenzo

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
snowman

Re: Jorge Lorenzo

Post by snowman »

WayneG wrote:
snowman wrote:I'd like to see him on something other than the Yam, go for !st rider to win a GP on three different makes.
Randy Mamola. Wins on Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki, Plus a podium with Cagiva.
Randy who! yep you're right, forgot about the two years on a Honda.

Fred Gassit

Post by Fred Gassit »

Lawson. Yamaha, Honda, Cagiva. Championships on two, wins on all three.

snowman

Post by snowman »

Fred Gassit wrote:Lawson. Yamaha, Honda, Cagiva. Championships on two, wins on all three.
Geez, I have no memory at all apparently, he won one race on the Cagiva.

Ok so Lorenzo wins at Honda then signs for Suzuki for 4 makes, nobody's done that right :)

Fred Gassit

Post by Fred Gassit »

No.
The racing should be good, but the tension I see arising in that team has me thinking one of them won't be on a Honda in 21/22. Which one that might be is anyone's guess, given how movements have panned out this year.

snowman

Post by snowman »

Nothing official yet and the way the trade mags have been reporting any old thing they hear, not done till the fat lady sings, or should that be "plump" these days.

Fred Gassit

Post by Fred Gassit »

A couple of them saying it's done.
Given how disjointed the satellite Yamaha thing is, Jorge's confident proclamation that his next ride will be announced /revealed at/after Catalunya and Pedrosa's sudden exit just when we all thought he was safely in at HRC for one more season, I'm giving it a fair whack of Credence.

In saying that, you're right..... Anything is possible.....

JanBros

Post by JanBros »

Bi-stroker Parallelus Bi-cylindricus

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

I did note that Syahrin's management thought it too risky for Hafizh to wait for a satellite Yamaha team to appear (or not). It did seem a bit odd to me that Lorenzo would put all his eggs in the satellite Yamaha basket.

WayneG

Post by WayneG »

Japhrodisiac wrote:Unrelated Q : Is WayneG from Aus? :D
Is there anywhere else? :D
My first love was my motorbike, we went through everything together. Wind, rain, fences..

hdot

Post by hdot »

Man, HRC is going to be like MotoGP's NE Patriots, or the Galactic Empire. FIM is going to have to clamp down on Marquez hard to keep things under control.

CLX

Post by CLX »

I'm a Patriots fan. :)

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

Now that Lorenzo's future is settled, he has a race win under him, and he FINALLY FINALLY has his much requested altered fuel tank..... :twisted: :twisted:

Which races do you think he win this year?

1. Catalan GP
2. Austrian GP
3. British GP
4. Valencia

He also has a good chance at PI and Japan.

Any more fools out there that want to predict the year's results based on one race win in 1.5+ years? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

AJracing wrote: Any more fools out there that want to predict the year's results based on one race win in 1.5+ years? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's what the internet is for. Go to the bitcoin forums and read their predictions month after month that bitcoin will 'go to the moon'; it makes us all look good :)

CLX

Post by CLX »

I can make predictions, but only to let you guys know what will not happen.

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

haha yeah - who knows really.

It would be delightful to see him win over and over again this season; and a constant reminder to Ducati top brass about what they got wrong.

Usually when a rider leaves Ducati it isn't in winning ways instead they want to light the bike on fire and move on.... In this particular case - the manufacturer will see the rider winning ...and leaving. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

hdot

Post by hdot »

Ducati seems to have a pro-Italian rider bias. Like to the point that it's detrimental to non-Italian riders to be on. I remember the miserable time Cal had. Race after race ending in mechanical DNFs. I remember one time the ECU lost its place on the track and he had no power on the straight :mrgreen: I think he left on his own for the LCR satellite ride which is saying something. Now they have their team so they can hopefully thrive. I hope Petrux gets his first win soon.

Fred Gassit

Post by Fred Gassit »

AJracing wrote:Now that Lorenzo's future is settled, he has a race win under him, and he FINALLY FINALLY has his much requested altered fuel tank..... :twisted: :twisted:

Which races do you think he win this year?

1. Catalan GP
2. Austrian GP
3. British GP
4. Valencia

He also has a good chance at PI and Japan.

Any more fools out there that want to predict the year's results based on one race win in 1.5+ years? :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Maybe

2. No

3. Weather. No

4. Maybe

P.I. No

Japan. No.

CLX

Post by CLX »

Why not Austria? To me it's his greatest chance along with Motegi. All he lacked last year was tyre management. Dovi is strong but not unbeatable there.

IMO, his best chances are Barcelona, Austria, Aragon and Motegi.

-----

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

CLX wrote:Why not Austria? To me it's his greatest chance along with Motegi. All he lacked last year was tyre management. Dovi is strong but not unbeatable there.

IMO, his best chances are Barcelona, Austria, Aragon and Motegi.

I could see this happening. I will take out PI from my maybe list.

Fred Gassit

Post by Fred Gassit »

Just an opinion. Not sure Dovi will win in Austria either. It's that sort of season. :-)

Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

The Ducati is shite at PI. Without CS27 on it that is.
What are you waiting for, you're faster than this
Don't think you are, know you are

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

Just curious, are there any decent pics of Jorge's bike before and after the fuel tank mods? Curious to see what kind of changes were made exactly. He mentioned the '17 bike was different ergonomically but he complained about the '18 bikes fit at the Buriram tests.

atropos

Post by atropos »

Japhrodisiac wrote:Just curious, are there any decent pics of Jorge's bike before and after the fuel tank mods? Curious to see what kind of changes were made exactly. He mentioned the '17 bike was different ergonomically but he complained about the '18 bikes fit at the Buriram tests.
If you have access to MotoGP Videopass, then there is a long shot of both Ducatis in park ferme at the end of the race (just as Gigi Dall'Igna kisses the tank). It looks like the tank on Lorenzo's bike is slightly indented at the bottom to give it a narrower profile.

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

I saw this after looking back through some footage and it looks like a hastily made tank extension that fit over the rear part of the fuel tank that made it wider, further back and slightly higher as well. Looks like it was made in a day or so as the fit is far from perfect, makes you wonder why it took them 5-6 months to do this

warthog1

Post by warthog1 »

Japhrodisiac wrote:Just curious, are there any decent pics of Jorge's bike before and after the fuel tank mods? Curious to see what kind of changes were made exactly. He mentioned the '17 bike was different ergonomically but he complained about the '18 bikes fit at the Buriram tests.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... gs-mugello