GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland 2016

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
tomdenouden

GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland 2016

Post by tomdenouden »

Predictions on Sachsenring?
Moto3: big group until last corner, Binder back on the podium.
Moto2: Zarco & Rins were on the podium last year, I think they will repeat podium this year, battle for 3th between LOW,NAK,FOl
MotoGP: MM is always strong at sachsenring, Lorenzo & Rossi want revenge on Assen results, same for Pedrosa. podium will be MM/LOR/ROS, PED to battle with Dovi/Iannone/Vinales for 4th.

Will be interesting how the Michelin front will hold with all the left handed corners!

CLX

Re: GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland 2016

Post by CLX »

I'd be fine with a repeat of 2014 or 2015.

Despite his current points lead and reasonable advantage, tt is a must win GP for Marquez, because the next race at Austria should in all probability be even worse than Le Mans for the Honda riders.

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

andrebt

Post by andrebt »

Yay! My favorite race on the calendar next to Motegi,Jerez and Aragon.

Anyhow with the problems Honda is having and the tire factor this could Yamaha's year to win. It's also a shame that this could be Bradl's final home race provided that he secures a Moto 2 ride.

As for prediction based on what I think:

Rossi
MM/Dovi
Vinales??

hdot

Post by hdot »

I have no idea who will be strong here, and that's how I like it! Kind of hoping Rossi can claw back some points from Marquez here but it looks like Marquez could be strong. It's a toss up.

smAshmoto

Post by smAshmoto »

Marky Marc & The Funky Bunch will smash this one out the park. 25 points to number 93.
"Troubled childhood? If you call being a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled."

-Chaz Michael Michaels, ice devouring sex tornado

Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

If it doesn´t rain, i´ll go with:

Rossi and Marquez till the end, and the last spot goes to Lorenzo.

Rossi was 3º last year, battling with Pedrosa, until Pedrosa leave 3 laps to the end i think, but Pedrosa this year is nowhere near the Pedrosa we are accustomed to see, Pedrosa will have another LeMans, Lorenzo will be close to the battle for the win, but out of it, Rossi has to win it :D .

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

For the next couple of races, Rossi will have to take a win it or bin it approach if he has any ambitions on the title.

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

Tourn46 wrote:For the next couple of races, Rossi will have to take a win it or bin it approach if he has any ambitions on the title.
Laguna 2008

hdot

Post by hdot »

Tourn46 wrote:For the next couple of races, Rossi will have to take a win it or bin it approach if he has any ambitions on the title.
This is frightening but realistic and likely prospect.

Emoo

Post by Emoo »

Love this race track.

MM
JL
VR

Win it or bin it here? Maybe the last two corners or into the double right loop where Pedro knocked Hayden off. I can't see Rossi getting close enough to Lorenzo for the second to last corner if Lorenzo is feeling the front end. Marquez is full on furry ball sacks so he is going to check out of this one just when he needs too.

I'm assuming the Ducati's will have a strong showing on Friday and Saturday then fade away in the later stages of Sunday.

CLX

Post by CLX »

My GP preview: will the tyres catch everyone out at turn 11?

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Dayle88

Post by Dayle88 »

CLX wrote:My GP preview: will the tyres catch everyone out at turn 11?
The turn 11 complaints always bothered me. It was an expectation of the tyre performance rather than the reality of the track that riders were complaining about. Pedrosa summed it up when things were getting out of hand "You don't see me and Valentino crash there because we are willing to work up to what the tyre can handle. The tyre gets cold so it takes time to find the right speed." Something along those lines.

I see why riders complained, Bridgestones were almost always exactly the same for every lap of the race in their last few years but if the track doesn't allow the temperature to stay in then that's the way it is. Maybe now they know the tyres require an approach that means discovering how they feel there'll actually be less crashes?

I've seen some mumbling on Twitter that this should be the best track for Aprilia. Isn't that what everyone said about the under powered CRT bikes and their lack of power and acceleration was just more pronounced rather than dampened.

smAshmoto

Post by smAshmoto »

Dayle88 wrote:
The turn 11 complaints always bothered me. It was an expectation of the tyre performance rather than the reality of the track that riders were complaining about. Pedrosa summed it up when things were getting out of hand "You don't see me and Valentino crash there because we are willing to work up to what the tyre can handle. The tyre gets cold so it takes time to find the right speed." Something along those lines.

I see why riders complained, Bridgestones were almost always exactly the same for every lap of the race in their last few years but if the track doesn't allow the temperature to stay in then that's the way it is. Maybe now they know the tyres require an approach that means discovering how they feel there'll actually be less crashes?

I've seen some mumbling on Twitter that this should be the best track for Aprilia. Isn't that what everyone said about the under powered CRT bikes and their lack of power and acceleration was just more pronounced rather than dampened.
Didn't Aliex Espargaro pull off a front row grid spot at Sachsenring on a CRT bike in 2014?
"Troubled childhood? If you call being a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled."

Dayle88

Post by Dayle88 »

That was the Forward Yamaha that he pulled out a few impressive qualifying sessions on. None of them were anywhere in the races. I'm thinking more back to de Puniet on the ART in 2012 when everyone was making out like he'd be fighting for a podium.

CLX

Post by CLX »

Dayle88 wrote:

I agree, it;s about riders working their bikes better and all. But sometimes they just get over excited.

-----

smAshmoto

Post by smAshmoto »

Dayle88 wrote:That was the Forward Yamaha that he pulled out a few impressive qualifying sessions on. None of them were anywhere in the races. I'm thinking more back to de Puniet on the ART in 2012 when everyone was making out like he'd be fighting for a podium.
Espargaro came 2nd in Aragon, and had 2 4th places in Qatar and Assen.

But yes, I see your point.

hdot

Post by hdot »

CLX wrote:
Dayle88 wrote:

I agree, it;s about riders working their bikes better and all. But sometimes they just get over excited.
Riders are like lawyers and politicians all in one... it's their prerogative to turn the self-saving spin up to 11 :mrgreen:

CLX

Post by CLX »

Haha! True!

-----

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

The same was pondered about Suzuki and that the tight nature of the track would help them, however the extreme elevation changes here make this a HP track in disguise.

Honda have a very impressive record here as do both their factory riders. Marqez gonna have the vote for top spot. Pedrosa needs to find the podium.

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

Rossi Pedrosa and JLo 14th,15th,and 16th in FP2

:o

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Japhrodisiac wrote:Rossi Pedrosa and JLo 14th,15th,and 16th in FP2

:o
Tomorrow will be important... Let's hope for a warmer track!

AJracing

Post by AJracing »

I prefer this order - the charge from the back is always nice to witness. :mrgreen:

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

What the hell is going on with the Yamahas?

Yes, Sachsenring is a Honda track, for wins. But it's not like the Yamahas have struggled for good results here. Rossi has a few wins and a bunch of podiums and Jorge has a bunch of 2nds and a few 3rds.

The bike didn't go from a fantastic machine to a piece of crap over night. WTF?

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Squidpuppet wrote:What the hell is going on with the Yamahas?

Yes, Sachsenring is a Honda track, for wins. But it's not like the Yamahas have struggled for good results here. Rossi has a few wins and a bunch of podiums and Jorge has a bunch of 2nds and a few 3rds.

I honestly believe they are anticipating better weather tomorrow and didn't risk anything.

I think it will be totally different come qualifying.

CLX

Post by CLX »

Tourn46 wrote:
Squidpuppet wrote:What the hell is going on with the Yamahas?

I honestly believe they are anticipating better weather tomorrow and didn't risk anything.

I think it will be totally different come qualifying.
My idea as well. The track conditions weren't friendly at all and their position in the title hunt means they have at avoid crashes and injuries at all costs.

-----