CLX

MotoGP 2014, Aragon - SPOILERS

Post by CLX »

I'd like a battle to the flag resulting in
1 - Marquez
2 - Rossi
3 - Dovizioso or Ianonne
4 - Pedrosa or Lorenzo

But I feel Lorenzo will finally unleash himself and also break his duck at this track. It'll have to happen sooner or later.

What will the weather be like?

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Fingernails

Re: MotoGP 2014, Aragon - SPOILERS

Post by Fingernails »

I have no idea who will win. Has Marquez just been a bit lucky, or is if off the boil. Was Rossi's win a one-off, or has he taken a big step forward now, e.g. because he's meshing better with his new technical team? What is up with Lorenzo, and will he get it together. Haven't seen much evidence that Pedrosa is going to be beating Marquez unless Marquez has misfortune (or bins it) anytime soon.

Grahluk

Post by Grahluk »

Marquez will crush all hope that anyone thought they might have had. Other people will finish after him & wonder. Crutchlow will wonder when will this season end so he can get the hell away from that infernal shopping trolley. Hector Barbera will take that extra power of his new infernal shopping trolley & reclaim his title of hectic hector.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Fingernails wrote:Haven't seen much evidence that Pedrosa is going to be beating Marquez
Apart from winning in Brno?

I think we will see Marquez take this... he will be on a mission. The following 3 places... no idea.

tz250w

Post by tz250w »

Hector Barbeque. :shock:

wedge

Post by wedge »

1. Marquez
2. Pedrosa
3. Lorenzo
4. Rossi/Dovi

Gravel. Barbera

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Grahluk wrote:Hector Barbera will take that extra power of his new infernal shopping trolley & reclaim his title of hectic hector.
Haha, I think that may have been a good bit of prediction there Grahluk, although that was hectic even for him! :D

Commentary said that he actually steered the flaming bike into the gravel rather than dump it straight onto the track so fair dos to him, will have to have a look later.

motor

Post by motor »

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

tz250w

Post by tz250w »

That new bike has Hector all fired up!

coyote

Post by coyote »

1) Marquez
2-3) Pedrosa/Lorenzo
4) Rossi
5) Dovi

Fingernails

Post by Fingernails »

Dovizioso and Iannone are certainly making their mark in free practice. But, that doesn't mean that things will continue that way through qualifying and the race.

andrebt

Post by andrebt »

rossi just demonstrates why aragon is clearly the best track on the calendar....

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2014/A+ ... tino+Rossi

tz250w

Post by tz250w »

andrebt wrote:rossi just demonstrates why aragon is clearly the best track on the calendar....

To each his own. Personally, I prefer either Phillip Island or Mugello.

tz250w

Post by tz250w »

With just over 4 minutes remaining in QP, Jack Miller intentionally locks his rear brake while sending the now familiar arm and finger to the pack behind him, duffing them all up. Check the video, prove me wrong.

Sorry if I offend any Miller fans... well, no I'm not. He's a douche. Fast, yes, but douche nonetheless.

The little shit should be DQ'd for this, IMO. There's no excuse for behavior like that in GPs. He needs to grow the eff up.

frankrizzo

Post by frankrizzo »

tz250w wrote:
andrebt wrote:rossi just demonstrates why aragon is clearly the best track on the calendar....

To each his own. Personally, I prefer either Phillip Island or Mugello.
Brno for me, but either way that M1 sounds crisp

Grahluk

Post by Grahluk »

tz250w wrote:With just over 4 minutes remaining in QP, Jack Miller intentionally locks his rear brake while sending the now familiar arm and finger to the pack behind him, duffing them all up. Check the video, prove me wrong.

Sorry if I offend any Miller fans... well, no I'm not. He's a douche. Fast, yes, but douche nonetheless.

The little shit should be DQ'd for this, IMO. There's no excuse for behavior like that in GPs. He needs to grow the eff up.
Saw that. Unambiguous. Dangerous little tantrum there. Looking at the bright side he's not going to have that problem with tows anymore starting next year.

CLX

Post by CLX »

They should do Moto3 qualifying in groups to avoid the traffic jams and demented towing.

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Dayle88

Post by Dayle88 »

And he'll be on a 200+mph bike next year... Maybe people shouldn't be concerned with talent, experience or speed and weight differentials when discussing the jump and focus on the mental side.

Anyone else noticed Miller looks like Sete Gibernau? :lol:

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Grahluk wrote:
tz250w wrote:With just over 4 minutes remaining in QP, Jack Miller intentionally locks his rear brake while sending the now familiar arm and finger to the pack behind him, duffing them all up. Check the video, prove me wrong.

Saw that. Unambiguous. Dangerous little tantrum there. Looking at the bright side he's not going to have that problem with tows anymore starting next year.
He needs a wake up call. No matter how irritating it may be to give a tow - there are several riders in Moto3 proving to be equally as exceptional as him, yet you seldom see them throw a tantrum and they also have people tag onto the back of them!

Cobbett

Post by Cobbett »

Tourn46 wrote: He needs a wake up call. No matter how irritating it may be to give a tow - there are several riders in Moto3 proving to be equally as exceptional as him, yet you seldom see them throw a tantrum and they also have people tag onto the back of them!
#

I've always found it a bit strange that he's so popular. The media certainly like to big him up - something about being an Aussie amongst all those Mediterraneans, no doubt. The talent is obvious but the personality - which some people also talk about, as charismatic, refreshing etc etc - I don't find so winning, always comes across as graceless and brattish to me. Mind you, you have to have a lot of confidence for it not to be eroded by the cavalcade of current GP riders queueing up to question the wisdom of skipping Moto2 in that pre-race press conference. Be interesting to watch for sure.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

That was mental. No idea what to make of what we just saw, lol :lol:

CLX

Post by CLX »

You mean Moto3 or MotoGP?

-----

Japhrodisiac

Post by Japhrodisiac »

Racing rewards the clever, punishes the cocky.

Nice results for JL, AE and Cal, though sad to see so many crashes. Rossi had nowhere to go when Pedrosa's rear tire made a sudden appearance on the line, scary crash that with a wall approaching. MM's crash was as predictible as anything I've seen in racing.

Nick Harris can't get a single fact straight, its really hard to listen as he says that Lorenzo's 1st podium was last weekend, calls Dovi Lorenzo at least twice etc etc.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Japhrodisiac wrote:Racing rewards the clever, punishes the cocky.

Nice results for JL, AE and Cal, though sad to see so many crashes. Rossi had nowhere to go when Pedrosa's rear tire made a sudden appearance on the line, scary crash that with a wall approaching. MM's crash was as predictible as anything I've seen in racing.

Nick Harris can't get a single fact straight, its really hard to listen as he says that Lorenzo's 1st podium was last weekend, calls Dovi Lorenzo at least twice etc etc.
Fair summary of events!

What's the consensus on the Miller/Marquez incident? 2 riders going for one bit of drytarmac for me... Unfortunate racing accident.

kenup283

Post by kenup283 »

Three entertaining races.

Lorenzo rode a great race from the get go, and called it perfect on coming in just ahead of the cliff in declining conditions.

Marquez still hasn't crashed out of a race all year.

Pedrosa's crash looked really strange, was the rear locked up when it comes around? I didn't get a replay, but it looked like it came around quick and strange, reminded me of the Motegi? crash some years ago when a technical glitch with the electronic throttles caught him out. I was think he may have had the rear brake on or some engine braking setting got the rear sliding as he tipped it in.

In moto2, Maverick Vinales has me looking fwd to the rookie contest in mgp next year. I'm starting to like this guy. He was letting it all hang out. Good to watch.

As for Moto3 Fenati / Kent were auewsome, and i thought McPhee was a stand out too. A.Marquez rode a good race but I was not impressed with the incident with Miller. They were already in the turn together and the guy on the inside clearly gave it gass to run out to the extent of the dry line as if he entered alone and showing no regard for the person on the outside he was racing with.....Not very cool in my book but it is what it is. As for outcome, I saw that they were to both to go to race direction after the race, but I don't expect anything to come of it. even if they would do somthing the new system woukd mean points, so no penalties in the end.

Initially I had thought that Rins was involved as I seem to recall the bar on bottom of screen called out Rins for the visit to the principles office, but from the timing sheets (and photos) looks like must have been Marquez... Prob was a case of mistaken identity as it is difficult for the Marshalls to tell the difference.

http://photos.motogp.com/2014/09/28/08m ... iginal.jpg