Rnd 14 Aragon MOTM *Spoilers*

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
Faster1

Rnd 14 Aragon MOTM *Spoilers*

Post by Faster1 »

For Over and Above,,,

MOTM
Alvaro Bautista - Continuing to campaign Suzuki's continuation in gp *Excellent Ride !
Nicky Hayden - Lucky enough to NOT be chosen to waste the year experimenting - The pride of Ducati

Honorable mention
Cal Crutchlow - Taking the underpowered Yamaha,, and fighting off Rossi

DOTM
Marco Simoncelli - Look in the dictionary for the definition of "Own worst enemy". He had the better bike and he out-rode himself.
Honda Livery - Take a lession in special de-livery from Suzuki and Yamaha.. I never hated orange like I did today :oops:

Dishonorable mention
Capirossi - Crap take-down move
Colin Edwards - errr WTF,,, who was that in his leathers today..

2 cents brought to you by the letter "Q"

Lifelong Yamaha Racing fan, but currently riding a Duc,,,, don't tell anyone 8-)

let's talk WSBK

CLX

Re: Rnd 14 Aragon MOTM *Spoilers*

Post by CLX »

MOTM - Stoner for his move on Pedrosa on the first lap. He could have waited, but he didn't want Pedrosa to even think about leading and running away. "You sit right there, this one is mine".
Bautista did well again.

-----
Everything we consider fiction is reality somewhere else. This is somewhere's fiction.

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

MOTM. Jorge for never ever giving up.

DOTM. A few. Ben. After a good start (finally) he fades and fades. Bradls tires. :(

Biggest weasels of the season so far. Suter, for not selling the upgraded chassis and swingarm to all teams.

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

MOTM - nobody, really.

HM Bautista and Marquez (for handing out plenty in the maul).

DOTM - Ducati.

DHM - Pedrosa should have been able to take more fight to Stoner but seemed to fall back into old habits.
Road rash is nature's way of telling you you should have widened your entry

Cam D

Post by Cam D »

MOTM: Bautista

DOTM: As said...Suter, for not selling the upgraded chassis and swingarm to all teams.
In this class - I don't like the feeling that a rider may have won because he is given superior equipment that others have offered to pay for, but were not allowed to have.
Yamaha... Japanese for "Two dog's - One steak"- Japh the wise.

Richo

Post by Richo »

MOTM: Hard to give this one, maybe Rossi for continuing to smile and appear positive regardless of the problems

DOTM: Honda livery. Not a patch on the Yamaha special livery.

tom

Post by tom »

MOTM: Lorenzo for showing Spies and Singlecelli the difference between a true Alien and mere aspirants. Lorenzo's fastest lap times were slower than both Spies and Marco (and they both ran good races) yet his consistency and race management was perfect.

DOTM: Ducati, this race really showed them up as having gone backward, when a 2 year old irritation can match pace with the current factory efforts.

TwoStroke Institute

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

Tough one, being split decision for the runner up between Stoner and Lorenzo, for nothing other than doing what they do best. Winner goes to Bautista who has been riding 'with a knife between the teeth' for a long while and showing some results. Let's hope Suzuki make a good 1000.

Simoncelli doesn't get a look in for dunce of the round he's done that far too many times, Spies meh he did his best, likewise Pedrosa have to give it to Dovi for the unforced error.
If Jesus had ridden, he would have rode a two stroke

Pantah

Post by Pantah »

Bautista for me......

Gustav O

Post by Gustav O »

MOTM
Marc Marquez - for firts dishing it out with all other grazy gun slingers like Iannone et al. He can take it and he gives back with hard but clean moves. When the time was right he just decided enough is enough and split. Very impressive.

HM: Lorenzo for maanaging a though position in the best possible way and showing how great he is.

DOTM
Ducati. Gives the word lost a whole new meaning.

HM: Dovi for tossing it down the road in crucial contract negotiation times. Edwards for just plain sucking yesterday.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

MOTM - Alien Extreme Lorenzo. Couldn't really think of a particular stand out in MotoGP, but he made the best of a bad situation.

HM's - Bautista, this guy is a top rider and I would love to see him on a top machine. Elias for showing incredible sportsmanship after being bowled off by Capirossi, shame not all riders can do the same /whistle.

DOTM - Capirossi... should know better. Of course it was an accident, but the pass was never going to work.

DHM - Ducati. Sort the damn bike out so Mega Alien Rossi can spank the youngsters! :P

L34

Post by L34 »

Motm, Casey Stoner, his fastest lap being .4 of second faster than his team mate Dani.
Special mention goes to JB, for that great old quote "80/20" I couldnt agree more. ;)

Dmotm, Did Loris have any intensions of going around that corner or was he just going for Toni's bike?

ipso

Post by ipso »

MotM = Watching the Moto2 warmup Sunday (no announcers, but good ambient engine sound) and just long periods of time following Marquez around the track, for multiple laps, was itself one of the most sublime motorcycle performances I’ve ever witnessed. Many people here have already had this epiphany of him, but I’m just getting there. That kid is a grand master soul-surfer, of the highest order, and of any sport. It’s amazing to watch.

Every time I see him interviewed though, I think Dani Pedrosa’s mother and Batman’s 'The Joker' had a child (1, 2), but I still bow to his on-track wushu.

DotM = Team Spies. Great start (finally!), but what went wrong in the practice sessions that made them think the setup would allow that tire to last the full-race? Not even close. Maybe it was a bad tire build, but still a serious disappointment.

Someone should also tell Ben that the backwards hat look is lame. I think of Sete Gibernau every time, and he was pretty lame. (But nowhere near as lame as Dovi and his ultra hipster fedora. Those trendy little pieces of kitsch were already stupid years ago. They sell them here at 7-11 for $2.29.) The kids these days.

• MotM-OffTrack = Gavin Emmett – just cause he is great!

DotM-OffTrack = definitely the HRC livery “artist”, or rather the HRC marketing decision maker who approved the Orangesicle kindergarten refrigerator art.

Do we have a thread capturing bad bike art? I’d like to see worse.

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

Cam D wrote:MOTM: Bautista

DOTM: As said...Suter, for not selling the upgraded chassis and swingarm to all teams.
In this class - I don't like the feeling that a rider may have won because he is given superior equipment that others have offered to pay for, but were not allowed to have.
According to Marquez's own words about what level of improvement the new parts added (2-3 tenths), Iannone would have won the race. I frown heavily on the favoritism in this class. Thats what the goal was, to get away from Aprillias stranglehold.

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

ipso wrote:MotM = Watching the Moto2 warmup Sunday (no announcers, but good ambient engine sound) and just long periods of time following Marquez around the track, for multiple laps, was itself one of the most sublime motorcycle performances I’ve ever witnessed. Many people here have already had this epiphany of him, but I’m just getting there. That kid is a grand master soul-surfer, of the highest order, and of any sport. It’s amazing to watch.
This how I feel when watching Bradl. His braking skills/style is so powerfull, yet smooth. He has the calm and calculating mind of a much more exeperienced rider. But as we saw yesterday, he can and will do the wild thing in the mix with the rowdy kids, and do it well.

LOL at the Joker comparison.
Someone should also tell Ben that the backwards hat look is lame.

And the flat black paintjob on his helmet. Is this International GP racing or a meet at a bar with the Sons of Anarchy?

ipso

Post by ipso »

Squidpuppet wrote:...or a meet at a bar with the Sons of Anarchy?
You're onto something. Goes right along with all the Tattoos he has.

Rossifumi

Post by Rossifumi »

Squidpuppet wrote:
Cam D wrote:MOTM: Bautista

According to Marquez's own words about what level of improvement the new parts added (2-3 tenths), Iannone would have won the race. I frown heavily on the favoritism in this class. Thats what the goal was, to get away from Aprillias stranglehold.
I agree, moto2 is supposed to be a level playing field. Whilst watching, even allowing for Marquez being a great rider, I was amazed at how much tighter a line Marquez was able to take in overtaking various riders, time after time - I guess this may explain it

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

Rossifumi wrote:[I agree, moto2 is supposed to be a level playing field. Whilst watching, even allowing for Marquez being a great rider, I was amazed at how much tighter a line Marquez was able to take in overtaking various riders, time after time - I guess this may explain it
His words when interviewed supported exactly that. Better corner entry and steering.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

I'm sorry but Marquez is just awesome, I think it's a travesty that people are already trying to sh*t on him... fear that he may come in and smoke the so called Aliens I can only assume.

I am really excited about his future... he can battle better than 99% of the MotoGP grid, he is brave, he is extremely quick and looks like he loves racing. He is the biggest talent coming through the ranks by a country mile and he should be embraced and respected.

Don't forget, prior to Aragon, he had won 5 of the last six races, he's now won 17 of the last 27 races he's entered... people are seriously thinking he didn't stand a chance of winning on Sunday and it was down to parts? Oh Please.

Rossifumi

Post by Rossifumi »

Tourn46 wrote:I'm sorry but Marquez is just awesome, I think it's a travesty that people are already trying to sh*t on him... fear that he may come in and smoke the so called Aliens I can only assume.

I am really excited about his future... he can battle better than 99% of the MotoGP grid, he is brave, he is extremely quick and looks like he loves racing. He is the biggest talent coming through the ranks by a country mile and he should be embraced and respected.

Don't forget, prior to Aragon, he had won 5 of the last six races, he's now won 17 of the last 27 races he's entered... people are seriously thinking he didn't stand a chance of winning on Sunday and it was down to parts? Oh Please.
I agree he's got alien credentials and would be winning races regardless but what he was doing to the other riders, even Bradl who's another potential alien, corner after corner was way beyond what riding ability alone could do - his line was metres tighter. Not even Rossi in his hey day, when up against a less than stellar field and on the best bike in the field was able to make it look that easy. He doesn't need the help, he's good enough anyway, but he was riding something from an entirely different class on Sunday.

lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Tourn46 - I agree with what you said about Marquez but, just for a moment, in the interests of challenging any prejudice, try substituting the name "Stoner" in for Marquez and re-read your paragraph..... ;)

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

lebowski wrote:Tourn46 - I agree with what you said about Marquez but, just for a moment, in the interests of challenging any prejudice, try substituting the name "Stoner" in for Marquez and re-read your paragraph..... ;)
I really don't get the purpose of your post mate.
Last edited by Tourn46 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Re-watched the race last night and I have to say that, FOR ONCE, I think an HM (on previous performances) goes to the TV director who managed to stay on the interesting battles for a good proportion of the time, gave us some very good super-slo-mo of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner, and minimised the bum-crack/ brake lever action shots far better. I'd have to say the broadcast actually got about the most action out of the race as was there to be had, and while it lacked any of the L.S up-front tension and brilliance and certainly disappointed those of us who had hoped for a Ducati miracle repercharge, it actually wasn't all that bad. The Lorenzo fight with Spies and Singlecelli and the Rossi/Crutchlow/Aoyama scrap wasn't half bad at all.
Road rash is nature's way of telling you you should have widened your entry

Rusty Bucket USA

Post by Rusty Bucket USA »

...except, how did Hayden get past Barbera? :?
Tourn46 wrote:HM's ... Elias for showing incredible sportsmanship after being bowled off by Capirossi, shame not all riders can do the same /whistle.

DOTM - Capirossi... should know better. Of course it was an accident, but the pass was never going to work.
L34 wrote: Dmotm, Did Loris have any intensions of going around that corner or was he just going for Toni's bike?
+1

And, I sure didn't see that race coming from Crutchlow (or Edwards, for that matter).

Sad for Dovizioso. The guy who doesn't crash, crashes when he needed it least, and stood to benefit most.
The internal combustion engine was not put on wheels just to rest the horses.

tom

Post by tom »

Tourn46 wrote:
lebowski wrote:Tourn46 - I agree with what you said about Marquez but, just for a moment, in the interests of challenging any prejudice, try substituting the name "Stoner" in for Marquez and re-read your paragraph..... ;)
I really don't get the purpose of your post mate.
Perhaps pot calling the kettle black? ;)