It's Picture Time! Round 2 - Solo, Soulful

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class
ipso

Re: It's Picture Time! Round 2 - Solo, Soulful

Post by ipso »

Squidpuppet wrote:
ipso wrote:I As a viewer it’s simple (IF you even know you are being shorted) to simply [right-click] and [view image] to see the full original.
I am being shorted. Right clicky doesnt bring up a choice to view image. I have just been dropping zoom level to see them, but right clicky would be easier. Any Ideas?
Ah, the bane of testing for multiple apps:

Firefox = [right-click], [view image] (or [save image as...] locally – then whatever file viewer you use should see the whole enchilada.)

Chrome = [right-click], [open image in new tab] (or [save image as...] and view locally)

IE = [save picture as..] – local file viewing method only.

App versions should not matter. Mac apps = I couldn’t tell ya.

Your [ctrl]+scroller zoom method may be the quickest of all. I always forget the keystroke command to reset though. (Ctrl-0 in Firefox)

corinthian

Post by corinthian »

Squidpuppet wrote:I am being shorted. Right clicky doesnt bring up a choice to view image. I have just been dropping zoom level to see them, but right clicky would be easier. Any Ideas?
A slow way, but one which always works in Firefox, is to right-click and choose 'View image info'. From there you can hit 'Save as', or copy the location and paste it into another tab. You can also see the image's resolution.

The fun and fast way is to install a firefox addon like Easy DragToGo and then set up click-and-drag for images, links and text to do whatever the heck you want, eg open in a new foreground or background tab, save, search in google, et cetera. I can no longer browse without this installed :D

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

ipso wrote:
)
I knew how to save it, I thought you had a single click option to view (only) it. You sent me on a wild goose chase. :lol:

Yeah, I have the zoom on my bottom tool bar, so its the quickest.

Need a bigger monitor. Especially because I watch all the practices and races on it as well. :oops:

Squidpuppet

Post by Squidpuppet »

corinthian wrote:[A slow way, but one which always works in Firefox, is to right-click and choose 'View image info'. From there you can hit 'Save as', or copy the location and paste it into another tab. You can also see the image's resolution.

The fun and fast way is to install a firefox addon like Easy DragToGo and then set up click-and-drag for images, links and text to do whatever the heck you want, eg open in a new foreground or background tab, save, search in google, et cetera. I can no longer browse without this installed :D
Thanks

RedJet

Post by RedJet »

I'm not a programmer - I do the pretty stuff. Not that code isn't pretty to you left-brain peoples but right-brain rocks the pretty. :D

That being said: If anyone needs help resizing images PM me and I'll be more than happy to help. ;)

corinthian

Post by corinthian »

If you do decide to install Easy DragToGo, here are the settings I use so you can get set up more quickly:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/813/easy ... ttings.jpg

ipso

Post by ipso »

Squidpuppet wrote:
ipso wrote: IE = [save picture as..] – local file viewing method only.)
I knew how to save it, I thought you had a single click option to view (only) it. You sent me on a wild goose chase. :lol:

Need a bigger monitor. Especially because I watch all the practices and races on it as well. :oops:
IE finds me a user of last resort. You should convert to FireFox and Chrome. (Don't cost nothin')

I joke about all the products, but I must say, networking your living room big screen is where it’s at for watching races (or YouTube movies, or Netflix movies, or downloaded races or movies, or music, etc.) If you have one of these ($99 last I checked at Best Buy or Amazon) you’re set.

The only caveat is that your monitor/TV must have HDMI to use this devise. If not, you’ll need one of these if you can’t find it in your pocket book to upgrade the non HDMI monitor/TV.

el_chorvo

Post by el_chorvo »

Squidpuppet wrote:
ipso wrote:
)

You can also click the right button > Properties > And there copy the url of the pic and paste in the bar of the IE.

Rusty Bucket USA

Post by Rusty Bucket USA »

This may be the most stunning still image demonstrating Stoner's super-alien status. It appears as though he is manipulating the bike as if it were a toy, while tooling around the parking lot. Just another day at the office...
I hope Jules doesn't mind my posting this image, since I always include the link back to the original:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11033051 ... 7910812738
The internal combustion engine was not put on wheels just to rest the horses.

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Rusty Bucket USA wrote: It appears as though he is manipulating the bike as if it were a toy, while tooling around the parking lot. Just another day at the office...
Stoner has recently topped the charts on the Brembo 'latest brakers' list for at least several circuits, including Brno and Misano - and if you look at that photo, just about all his bodyweight is being reacted through his arms, at something like 1.2+ G. With a pinched nerve in his neck. What these top guys do on those bikes borders on the truly awesome, in the full sense of the word.
Road rash is nature's way of telling you you should have widened your entry

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

And, from the same site - this definitely deserves a place on this thread: (Cisek is brilliant)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wcTE ... 21_fp3.jpg
Road rash is nature's way of telling you you should have widened your entry

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Rusty Bucket USA wrote:This may be the most stunning still image demonstrating Stoner's super-alien status. It appears as though he is manipulating the bike as if it were a toy, while tooling around the parking lot. Just another day at the office...
I'm not writing this for the sake of argument... but he looks a mess in my opinion. Really just not my cup of tea and a perfect demonstration as to why I am not a fan.

I would rather watch a rider as smooth as Rossi or Lorenzo any day of the week.

But hey ho, we're all different :)

Cam D

Post by Cam D »

That second pic is a beautiful shot. My kind of art.
Last edited by Cam D on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha... Japanese for "Two dog's - One steak"- Japh the wise.

Cam D

Post by Cam D »

Tourn46 wrote:
Rusty Bucket USA wrote:This may be the most stunning still image demonstrating Stoner's super-alien status. It appears as though he is manipulating the bike as if it were a toy, while tooling around the parking lot. Just another day at the office...
I'm not writing this for the sake of argument... but he looks a mess in my opinion. Really just not my cup of tea and a perfect demonstration as to why I am not a fan.

Wasn't it Rossi that started the leg out routine? Pretty sure I've seen shots of him in pretty much the same position eg: leg out with the rear off the ground.

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Cam D wrote:Wasn't it Rossi that started the leg out routine? Pretty sure I've seen shots of him in pretty much the same position eg: leg out with the rear off the ground.
It's not the leg off the peg that looks messy, it's his position on the bike, the wheels not in line... just the whole combination. When you see it in motion, the bike's always wiggling about... I'm sorry but it just does not do it for me whatsoever :|

Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Cam D wrote:
Tourn46 wrote:

Wasn't it Rossi that started the leg out routine? Pretty sure I've seen shots of him in pretty much the same position eg: leg out with the rear off the ground.
I thought it was Pedrobot on the 990's........I used to think he was too small to hold himself on the bike under brakes........then Rossi noticed he was better into a sharp corner ( was it Le Mans ?) and he started to ,very gingerly, suss it out............then hey presto, it's a good thing and he started to do it......then everyone else. Not saying Pedro was the first, but I noticed him doing it before Rossi.

.....No.... I'm not a Pedro fan.

2nd pic for me as well........... I don't think Stoner is a mess in the first one, but I like a smooth look as well. A milli-second later and it probably looked as smooth as anyone......but that shot's not for me.
2:02.443

Abhii46

Post by Abhii46 »

Zaphod wrote:
I thought it was Pedrobot on the 990's........I used to think he was too small to hold himself on the bike under brakes........then Rossi noticed he was better into a sharp corner ( was it Le Mans ?) and he started to ,very gingerly, suss it out............then hey presto, it's a good thing and he started to do it......then everyone else. Not saying Pedro was the first, but I noticed him doing it before Rossi.

2nd pic for me as well........... I don't think Stoner is a mess in the first one, but I like a smooth look as well. A milli-second later and it probably looked as smooth as anyone......but that shot's not for me.
Rossi in Jerez 2005, last corner, last lap. :D :twisted:

Cam D

Post by Cam D »

Tourn46

Post by Tourn46 »

Source = MotoGP.com

Cool Pic :)

And before the Stonerphiles get involved, har de har he's looking back at his career... yeah yeah, heard it all before :P

akeizm

Post by akeizm »

Nah he's trying to remember what it looks like to have people behind him :P

ipso

Post by ipso »

Looking for his dropped pride?
Is making sure his asshole-camera is intact?
Trying to kick the rear-end out (like Casey does) around corners?
Is looking at the watch on his left wrist to see how much longer this shit has to go on.

:D

corinthian

Post by corinthian »

Zaphod wrote:
Cam D wrote:I thought it was Pedrobot on the 990's........

You might get a kick out of this then. I stopped calling him Pedrobot some time last season and I actually really enjoy watching him race, but I did this a couple of seasons ago when all the Asimo jokes were flying round.

L34

Post by L34 »

Some great pics here from Aragon. (hope this is the right place to put it.)
http://blog.photozac2.com/weblog/gigi/

RedJet

Post by RedJet »

Psst, Rusty!
Found this on another site... ;) :D

I know this is a picture thread, and Imma gonna let myself finish, but here is the Ben Spies Yamaha R1 vid. Courtesy of Asphalt and Rubber. Classic Yamaha humor and Ben is getting better in his acting skills. No Emmy's yet though, I'm afraid. Extra cool factor - we get a departing burnout in the 70's van. :P
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/20 ... ies-video/

Now, to the pictures...
They have some gorgeous stills from the video.
Go to the link above and you can click on each image for a larger version. There are 7 stills total, here are two.

Cam D

Post by Cam D »

Still a classic...