STONER RACING V8's

A forum for discussion of racing involving those evil vehicles with far too many wheels: F1, A1GP, WRC, ALMS, Endurance racing, WTCC, DTM, etc etc.
Tourn46

Re: STONER RACING V8's

Post by Tourn46 »

Kropotkin wrote: A group of us asked Stoner about this, and he managed to insult both V8 Supercars and MotoGP with his answer, saying that MotoGP was a joke and not worthy of a world championship, and that he knew exactly what V8s were, and that it was a totally different level of championship, implying that it wasn't to be taken very seriously.
What about WSBK? Think that's something he would ever look at in the future? ... or does that fall under the same umbrella as MotoGP these days (Dorna, etc).

Kropotkin
Site Admin

Post by Kropotkin »

Tourn46 wrote:
Kropotkin wrote: A group of us asked Stoner about this, and he managed to insult both V8 Supercars and MotoGP with his answer, saying that MotoGP was a joke and not worthy of a world championship, and that he knew exactly what V8s were, and that it was a totally different level of championship, implying that it wasn't to be taken very seriously.
What about WSBK? Think that's something he would ever look at in the future? ... or does that fall under the same umbrella as MotoGP these days (Dorna, etc).
He was completely dismissive of WSBK. No interest in racing production bikes at all. And now that Dorna has taken it over, as you point out, I think we can safely forget that...

I once got told off by an HRC bod over something Stoner said about Ezpeleta. "You know how difficult their relationship is," he said... Absolutely no love lost there. You're safe ;)
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports

Gustav O

Post by Gustav O »

In the light of his own tweet from a while back I find this picture a little amusing. :D

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS27
Just watching the @v8supercar #GC600, can't believe how many of the regular drivers are cheating by cutting the curbs. Disappointing to see.

Cobbett

Post by Cobbett »

Gustav O wrote:In the light of his own tweet from a while back I find this picture a little amusing. :D

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS27
Just watching the @v8supercar #GC600, can't believe how many of the regular drivers are cheating by cutting the curbs. Disappointing to see.

That's Laguna '08 talking...

WayneG

Post by WayneG »

Amusing but out of context. :D

A. That pic was taken during practice not a race.
B. The Skipping the curb issue at the Gold Coast 600 he refers to was actually not curb hopping, they were completely straight lining a chicane without lifting the throttle at all. It was blatant cheating and many people, not just Casey were livid over it.

Casey started today at the rear of the grid in 30th after yesterdays dramas and put in a good solid drive through the field to finish 14th. For only his 2nd race start I think that is quite impressive with a lot more still to come. The kid has talent on 4 wheels too.
My first love was my motorbike, we went through everything together. Wind, rain, fences..

Gustav O

Post by Gustav O »

WayneG wrote:Amusing but out of context. :D

A. That pic was taken during practice not a race.
B. The Skipping the curb issue at the Gold Coast 600 he refers to was actually not curb hopping, they were completely straight lining a chicane without lifting the throttle at all. It was blatant cheating and many people, not just Casey were livid over it.

Casey started today at the rear of the grid in 30th after yesterdays dramas and put in a good solid drive through the field to finish 14th. For only his 2nd race start I think that is quite impressive with a lot more still to come. The kid has talent on 4 wheels too.
I figured it was something like that but for an outsider looking in it is funny. :)

Albert

Post by Albert »

WayneG wrote: The kid has talent on 4 wheels too.
I think it's just a natural affinity with throttle and an inherent "feel" for what's going on with the vehicle!

One things for certain - he's got a solid future on 4 wheels -- if that's what he wants!
I believe I'm growing sceptical of cynicism!

L34

Post by L34 »

Casey Stoner did pretty well on his first day of practice at the Mount Panorama circuit.
This track is extremely daunting and fast.
CS finished 11th out of 31 cars after 2 practice sessions.

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637636380/ ... /Result?11

MiniNinjaMk5

Post by MiniNinjaMk5 »

Has there been any more news on this, has Casey carried on with 4 wheels into 2014?

smAshmoto

Post by smAshmoto »

MiniNinjaMk5 wrote:Has there been any more news on this, has Casey carried on with 4 wheels into 2014?

He's Remote Control car racing.

Seriously.

He made an appearance recently at the latest V8 Supercar round, but it was just standing in a pit box wearing his Oakley Jumper and a Red Bull cap. Sponsor appearance and nothing more I think.
"Troubled childhood? If you call being a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled."

-Chaz Michael Michaels, ice devouring sex tornado