Great Comercial; Great Sounds

A forum for discussion of racing involving those evil vehicles with far too many wheels: F1, A1GP, WRC, ALMS, Endurance racing, WTCC, DTM, etc etc.
Desmo44

Great Comercial; Great Sounds

Post by Desmo44 »

Imagine a 2 wheeled version...

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba....
Hunter S. Thompson

RatsMC

Re: Great Comercial; Great Sounds

Post by RatsMC »

Awesome. I could listen to just the soundtrack all day.

Notice the parked Lamborghini getting its alarm set off? A perfect advertising statement - "We race, you pose".

Lastly, I can't help but think that if there were a motorcycle version, most people would see a hooligan breaking the law rather than a perfect vehicle exploring the beauty of the real world. Sad but, at least here in the US, we still viewed trouble-makers.

prasanth

Post by prasanth »

RatsMC wrote:Awesome. I could listen to just the soundtrack all day.
Notice the parked Lamborghini getting its alarm set off? A perfect advertising statement - "We race, you pose".
I thought that was a 599?

This is a great commercial!

RatsMC

Post by RatsMC »

prasanth wrote:
RatsMC wrote:Awesome. I could listen to just the soundtrack all day.
I thought that was a 599?

This is a great commercial!

Crap. You are right.

Gustav O

Post by Gustav O »

The first three cars are just awesome. So beautiful, especially the second one. Love it.

RatsMC

Post by RatsMC »

Yeah, the second one is just ferocious. The third sounds better though.

There is probably a forum somewhere that the regular members could tell you, from memory, what each of the cars are and what years they ran.

Gustav O

Post by Gustav O »

The sound of the others are greater but the look of the F1 car with just a cigar-shaped body and wheels is just insanely cool. Especially with the engine and the exhaust like that.

motomania

Post by motomania »

One of the very cool events held at Laguna Seca every year is "The Monterey Historics" which is probably the biggest gathering of former great racing cars, be they F1, TransAm, CanAm, NASCAR, etc. other than the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Up until a few years ago when my walking sticks went away, I worked that event every year and got to see some wonderful classic race cars from the past. Some of them went clear back to the turn of the century when auto's were still quite young. There's everything from Ferrari to Cortina, etc. and there's nothing like a field of like vintage race cars taking off at full roar at the start of a race. There's also usually quite a few of the drivers of the original cars that show up to pilot them again in "competition". I'd quickly give my right leg to have some of those wonderful old war horses. Oooops, never mind. ;)
"I gave up mind reading, I found I didn't have the required equipment." - Me