Bike on the snow ...

Discussion of all forms of motorcycle racing which don't require tarmac for racing: Motocross, MX1, MX2, Supercross, Supermoto, Dirt Track, Flat Track, Trials, Enduro, Rally Raid, Dakar, Drag racing, Grass Track, Hillclimbing, etc etc etc.
ales17

Bike on the snow ...

Post by ales17 »

Since my bike is in warm place (in garage) and lack of biking got me looking at some bike videos i found this AD Boivin explorer and it looks like a lot of fun!
Even got me thinking of buying cross or enduro bike so I was wondering if anyone maybe tried something like this!? It's quite expensive. I find it for some 3k € and also you need cross bike. :geek:
We finally have some snow and more is promised so I should probably go snowboarding or something! :mrgreen:

And also for dirt ...

"You can teach a crasher to stop crashing but not a slow rider to be fast".

heng47

Re: Bike on the snow ...

Post by heng47 »

I remember seeing a Honda Monkey (or Ape) modified with tracks running on snow. I can't remember if it was just a play thing made by some Honda engineers or a real prototype, or some one-off elsewhere.

motomania

Post by motomania »

That's the closest thing I've seen to a true wintertime motorcycle for those of us that live where the wicked white stacks up on the ground. And the hillclimb video shows that it can be pretty damn effective on dirt as well.
"I gave up mind reading, I found I didn't have the required equipment." - Me

ales17

Post by ales17 »

Just keep the front wheel and you are ready for dirt! :)

There are probably some other systems like this because to me it seams a bit high on the price side! But it looks like a well build!
"You can teach a crasher to stop crashing but not a slow rider to be fast".