NorCal Residents: TZ750s At The Stockton Mile

Discussion of all forms of motorcycle racing which don't require tarmac for racing: Motocross, MX1, MX2, Supercross, Supermoto, Dirt Track, Flat Track, Trials, Enduro, Rally Raid, Dakar, Drag racing, Grass Track, Hillclimbing, etc etc etc.
RatsMC

NorCal Residents: TZ750s At The Stockton Mile

Post by RatsMC »

http://www.stocktonmile.com/index.html

Apparently there will be two TZ750 racing and there is rumor of a Kawi triple.

Regardless,on the west coast flat track races are extremely rare so if you are anywhere near Stockton you MUST go.

http://www.stocktonmile.com/uploads/1/4 ... 055176.jpg

Kropotkin
Site Admin

Re: NorCal Residents: TZ750s At The Stockton Mile

Post by Kropotkin »

If you haven't been to a mile, you have to go. It truly is one of the great spectacles of motorcycle racing.
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports

Albert

Post by Albert »

RatsMC wrote: Regardless,on the west coast flat track races are extremely rare so if you are anywhere near Stockton you MUST go.
------------ and PLEASE make sure that you take a video camera with you!
I believe I'm growing sceptical of cynicism!

RatsMC

Post by RatsMC »

Albert wrote:
RatsMC wrote: Regardless,on the west coast flat track races are extremely rare so if you are anywhere near Stockton you MUST go.
------------ and PLEASE make sure that you take a video camera with you!

Albert,

I just read an article in CycleWorld about Chris Carr - the 7 time and current Grand National champion - travelling to the UK to teach flattrackers out there how it is done. The British scene appears to really be in its infancy but it is growing and the early days are always very cool for any racing scene - right when everyone if figuring it out and coming up with really unique solutions. You should check them out.

motomania

Post by motomania »

I have a friend (Ya find this place yet DragonWagon 1?) that used to race flattrack in the pro series against the likes of Dick Mann, Gary Nixon, etc. He was racing when KR Sr. came up through the ranks and was a snot nosed kid learning the ropes.I had no idea this was happening at Stockton till I saw this thread. It's a one time thing. The Lodi Motorcycle club has been trying to get this to happen for a long time and has finally succeded. I just got off the phone with my friend, Dave. He is going to be there and he'll have his camera with him. He said that he's heard that a couple of his old bikes, a Triumph and Yamaha with TrackMaster frames are still out there and he's hoping that they'll be at this event so he'll be cruising the pits to find them. I'd bet that he's not the only former dirt tracker that'll be there so I'm sure he'll have a good time catching up with some of the "boys". I've sent him the link to this forum and Dr. Krops main page so I expect to see him on here soon. He's been on a few of the other race sites, dirt track and roadracing stuff, but didn't like them because of all the fan-boi crap or useless chatter and name calling. He knows that he won't find that here.

Damn I wish I'd known about this earlier, I'd have made arramgements to get down there and attend the event. I could roll out the door and wheel my chair over the hill and get there. Problem is it'd be somewhere about Wednesday before I got there, even with the downhill run down Hwy 88. :o

Anyone that has a chance to go, should, Dave said there'd be numerous clases of vintage bikes there inclduing the brakeless like he rode to some of the "newer" vintage stuff. :)
"I gave up mind reading, I found I didn't have the required equipment." - Me

RatsMC

Post by RatsMC »

I wish I had known about it earlier as well. I could have coordinated some work stuff at in SF and made it out there. As it is now, it is about an 11 hour drive.

It sounds like there will be a lot of vintage racing and some very cool bikes.