James Stewart jumps back on to a YZ250 and hauls ass....

Discussion of all forms of motorcycle racing which don't require tarmac for racing: Motocross, MX1, MX2, Supercross, Supermoto, Dirt Track, Flat Track, Trials, Enduro, Rally Raid, Dakar, Drag racing, Grass Track, Hillclimbing, etc etc etc.
Cam D

James Stewart jumps back on to a YZ250 and hauls ass....

Post by Cam D »

Beautiful.

Yamaha... Japanese for "Two dog's - One steak"- Japh the wise.

RatsMC

Re: James Stewart jumps back on to a YZ250 and hauls ass....

Post by RatsMC »

Man, I cannot get the idea of getting a 250 2-stroke MX bike out of my head. That clip didn't help. Last time I was in the dirt, the bike I had the most fun on was a CRF230 which is a kids bike. Everything else (450s, 525s, etc) all just felt like a lot of work because they were so heavy.

Pantah

Post by Pantah »

I think you had better get one Rats..... Do it sooner rather than later as they are getting harder to find ........obviously a lot of fun and light to boot........for a little more adrenaline there is always the 500!

RatsMC

Post by RatsMC »

Actually, what is weird is that 2-stroke MX bikes seem to be making a comeback here in the US. I think it may be related to the fact that they are closing off more and more areas to off road bikes so the 4-strokes don't offer any increased utility. When faced with the power to weight ratio of the two as well as increased work and expense of the rebuilds, the 2-strokes are making a lot more sense and remarkably enough, riders seem to be responding.

Pantah

Post by Pantah »

The rebuild factor is high. In Japan the cost of the yearly rebuild means most blokes just upgrade....... Not easy if you have a Mrs and kids! Also the low frequency of the 4 stroke means that it's sound travels much further than the 2 stroke and as a conquence complaints have risen and courses have been forced to close!!!!! Rats , get a stroker and enjoy. 4 strokes are for kids who want to join the competition trail. 2 strokes are for men...... Like blokes from Montana .....
The 500 is capable of wide open desert work and can cope with long distance. Young people want to go fast and a 4 stroke is easy to go fast on.....I want to go fast and get scared .......hello KX 500...
Strokers are selling for premium prices here now. Actually most have been exported, or are owned by guys of my age who won't part with them.......get in now....

Richo

Post by Richo »

Pantah wrote:I want to go fast and get scared .......hello KX 500...
I can vouch for that.