Recent comments

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 16 hours ago

the race this year was brilliant,VR46 leading,very fast and stable,MM93 looking
    steady following,much steadier than for most of this year,
    as the finish drew closer,a slight error from VR46 and MM93 was through,but NOT
    able to run away!!,as he went faster the Honda became unstable,these two riders
    were at lap record pace,well ahead of equally good "aliens",VR46 passed again and
    started to pull away,on the final lap MM93 managed to close the gap,leaving only
    the final chicane as the only place to try an overtake!!

we know the result,both stayed on,good to see VR46 win,and MM93 get his bike
    to the end ,and on the podium,

do we need a clash of handbags?
    who remember the WSBK race between Foggy and Chilli??

but WOW,what a race !!!

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 16 hours ago

I think it was an amazing race and a fitting final corner clash. Obviously it was very aggressive riding by both of them, thank goodness, Rossi dint crash.
    Few points that I observed over the weekend.

1. Rossi was very competetive but JLo wasnt! Possible reasons
    a. Bridgestone brought the last year tires, with less edge grip compared to this year tires.
    b. The new chassis giving better advantage to VR than JLo due to different riding styles?

2. Honda very competitive. Possible reasons
    a. the 2014 Bridgestone tyres.
    b. Old chassis for Marquez.

3. The legality of cutting the chicane.
    a.This was not the first time such incident happened, its almost exactly the same like 2006. Hayden was given despite cutting corner and no apparent touch from Edwards.
    b. In 2002, Checa beat Harada for third place. similar incident and no action taken by the racing direction.
    I see that it would be harsh to take action against either of the riders. However, they could have issued a warning to MM to be more cautious for the safety of other riders if not for himself. I dont like to quote the example for MS58 (RIP) but we would not want such a thing to happen again, do we? I think it is high time someone put some sense (humility) into MM. The phrase 'live to fight another day' would be apt for him for the time being.

Speaking about VR, I fall short of words to describe what a great racer and master tactician he is. He might have guessed MM would try to make the move, and he chose the outside line to be safe, Its always the rider inside who crashed in the both the previous occasions I mentioned above. I dont mean that he planned the move or anything. He had the perfect line to make corner, in fact he was, IMO, slower at that point than in previous lap, he would have made it perfectly. (the time he lost was only in the final sector all the remaining sectors were almost as good as the previous lap).

Now moving forward, Germany appears to be a perfect Honda track. But with the new Bridgestone tires and new chassis for Yamaha, I think its going to be a competitive weekend. The regular tires will bring JLo back and hope VR remains at the same competitive level he is now. I wish its Yamaha 1-2 again with VR winning :)

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 17 hours ago

but I was looking for his press release or something like that, I read somewhere his setup was messed-up after the WUP

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago

Crashed in the WUP and caused damage to his thumb and middle finger.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago

That is an understatement if there was ever one. Nick is a fanboy.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago
  • 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago

"It's one thing to make hard pass - it's another to cause the leader to crash when you're out of contention in the standings."

Context is important, though. There's a huge difference, depending on whether that out-of-championship-contention rider is a backmarker or a World Champion. Or whether the package is vying for victory all race v. a lapped rider goofing off.

I'd expect a rider who's *intensely* competitive (and I mean that in a good way, Marquez!), on competitive machinery, and battling for the WIN to want to beat the rider directly in front of him, regardless of points totals. That doesn't grant a license to pull ridiculously stupid moves, for sure, but neither it does it mean he should just parade around behind a title challenger and "know his place".

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago

It seems dubious to make any pronouncements regarding Marquez's line through the turn. His bike was obviously affected by the contact, and that makes it impossible to determine with any certainty whether or not he'd have made that curve without serious correction. (My comment isn't driven by Marquez or Rossi uber-fan status, FYI.)

I wish we had the aerial view, in order to see: (a) what MM93's predicted line might have been, based on entry line, speed and whatnot; and (b) how tight VR46's line through the turn was. Did Rossi bring his bike in toward the apex but leave a sliver of room for Marquez to safely coexist (although not so much that MM93 could hold the spot and make the pass), or did VR46 bring his tangent all the way to the kerbing and chop MM93's nose? Given that the onus is indeed on the passing rider to do so safely and also that Marquez never had his front wheel as much as even with Rossi's, it doesn't matter to the "racing incident" outcome. Just curious, as it would provide some insight into both racers' mentalities.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 18 hours ago

Any news on why Pedrosa's performance was so poor yesterday?

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 19 hours ago

My Internet-fu is weak. Can anyone post a link to the press conference/interviews? (I'm a MotoGP subscriber, if that matters.)

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 19 hours ago

Two things he did;
    * Knew his history
    * Knew his opponent

The bike on the outside fairs best at Assen when riders come togather in the final chicane which explained his line, he also knew MM93 would attack so give him room on the inside. MM took the bait Rossi one the race.

Clever.

Honda's protestation made me laugh though, by their argument yesterday NH69 should not have won the race in 2006. Goes round come round, they need to suck this one up the race was lost by Honda to a master tactician.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 20 hours ago

MM had already said "I've got nothing to lose" last time when he nearly took out Lorenzo.

I cannot imagine a 2 times WC says something like that. It just shows he has his ego problem.

MM thinks: "I am now so far behind the championship leaders, has no chance winning the championship, thus I will just take whatever dangerous move to win this race."

Oh yeah... Next time another MM, Marco Melandri thinks something similar:

"I am now almost get lapped by the race leaders, has no chance winning the race, thus I will just take whatever dangerous move to win this corner."

How do you like it?

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 20 hours ago

What was he thinking? Me first, I imagine - but apparently Rossi wasn't following Marquez' script.
    You raise a point about the championship which has been forgotten in the Gunfight at the Last Chicane controversy. It's one thing to make hard pass - it's another to cause the leader to crash when you're out of contention in the standings. This could easily have resulted Rossi taking a big tumble in the gravel, turning the championship upside down.
    Many admire MM's 'win it or bin it' philosophy, but Assen looked more like petulance and red mist to me. Maybe he calculated Rossi's need for points would make him back down, but Saturday's fracas demonstrated Rossi is still the toughest, smartest, coolest old goat in MotoGP.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 21 hours ago

Seriously, what was Marqez thinking? Forgive me for my lousy maths but going into this round Marquez was 5th in the standings with exactly half Rossi's total points, no way in hell is he going to win the championship. But one bonehead move and he could very well wipe out the championship leader, gifting Lorenzo a 19 point lead instead of trailing by 10. Just dumb......egotistical and dumb. I have no problem with hard racing but Rule 101 of Racing is that the onus s is on the passer to pass safely, not for the guy in front to let you through. Fair enough if you see an opporttunity but to have such a crude lunge when you have so little to gain and others so much to lose shows no respect to the overall situation. (I would say the same if Lorenzo had been leading) I was in awe of Marquez to claw back that gap on the last lap, but I'm aghast at his complete lack of respect for the championship.

• Ducati Lose Concessions For 2016 - Will Race Under Same Rules As Honda And Yamaha   2 days 21 hours ago

Once again we are back to Motogp being a Honda/Yamaha fiefdom. Remind me again, when was the last time another manufacturer won a race? So Ducati (and Suzuki, should they get close enough) are condemned to being bit players in the YamaHonda show: close boys, but no cigars for you, EVER! Based on this why would Aprilia or BMW EVER consider entering? As soon as they get close they'll be nobbled, never allowed to make up that last 0.5% to REALLY challenge. I listened to Mark Weber (ex-F1) last night singing the praises of Motogp........but after reading this and wondering how future teams will be affected I'm not so sure Motogp is a hell of a lot different to F1. I mean can anyone reallly see anyone other than Yamaha or Honda winning Championship in the next 5 years? 10 years?

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 22 hours ago

I think Mike Webb and the race direction got it right when they decided that it was a racing incident. I do not believe that Rossi's move was premeditated (it still beats me as to how he could have lured Marc Marquez into ramming him of the line and on to the gravel trap, and I hope you will agree with me that as a strategy that would be lousy if Marc Marquez had hit him harder and Rossi went down in the gravel trap). I somehow cannot fathom how a strategy involving two people could have been premeditated by one person. Anyway, to be honest when I saw what had happened I too thought that was Rossi gaining an unfair advantage. But if you see how much Marc Marquez was out of shape after contact it does point to the fact that Rossi has been incredibly lucky that his being punted expedited his crossing the line faster than he would otherwise have. It was a racing incident with no premeditated moves and I think those who say Marquez is whining are being a bit unfair to him since he would complain mainly due to the disappointment of not winning the race. Marquez is having to learn a lot of things anew since his invincibility of the first two years does seem to have deserted him this year. But he is still a great rider, no doubt about that and I see him making a great comeback this season itself.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 22 hours ago

As David said last race (I paraphrase), It ain't easy being a commentator. These guys are human, and when human beings have to pour thousands of words out of their mouths unrehearsed, live, there's not a lot of time for careful editing.

I do think Nick Harris probably leans a bit pro-Rossi. But in this case I think you also have to consider the #93 Honda's performance in the past few races. Given all the crashes and control issues, is it really so "biased" to imply that it might be tougher for MM to match VR's pace than vice-versa?

• Ducati Lose Concessions For 2016 - Will Race Under Same Rules As Honda And Yamaha   2 days 22 hours ago

Right at the beginning let me lay down the grounds on which I am disagreeing with those who believe that it is right to advance all the rules meant for 2016. My disagreement has nothing to do with fact that Ducati now owned by Audi has truck loads of money or that Ducati have not extended the same courtesy to the Japanese in WSBK. It is simply meant to indicate fairness. If I have been given a certain framework of concessions and told that I have upto this much time to try and catch up with the leaders and then suddenly because I am doing pretty well but have not reached the pinnacle (victory) if all concessions are withdrawn one year in advance, then the plans that I may have made keeping in mind the extra year may come to nothing. In which case the credibility of the rule makers is completely lost. And Ducati can feel that they have been manipulated. I think that it the original rule which said 2016 is the year after which concessions are withdrawn then it has to remain so. Dorna or the FIM cannot bend to the Honda and Yamaha because Ducati is now giving them butterflies in their respective stomachs.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   2 days 22 hours ago

MM should have points taken off his license
    Not for the one incident but because there is a pattern of last ditch effort, chuck your bike into another rider, starting to form
    The only reason he said he thought he won was because his team told him to say it, which is a better tactic than admitting you screwed up yet again

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 1 min ago

Do you mean if Marc just cut across the chicane and overtook Rossi? Of course he would have had to give the place back? That is a very different scenario isn't it?

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 32 min ago

Just one question - If MM had cut the corner and taken first place ????? I believe he would have been asked to give back the place.

Racecraft ? Maybe ........ or "I am not gonna risk a DNF"
    At least MM is now back in the game and still smiling.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 1 hour ago

It wasn't the comment on your purchasing intentions which got it removed.

The other comments you posted have got you banned.

It is a very small group of people who I have had to ban. I am proud of the people who comment on this site, that I need to censor so few posts.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 2 hours ago

I've seen your other comment and good you got deleted. Rude and offensive comments should be deleted, this site should be for adults and you don't have to visit it if you don't like it.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 2 hours ago

I have pointed out numerous times to numerous people, that Marquez came straight into MotoGP inheriting the best bike, on the best team, arguably the best crew (certainly one of the best) from the fastest rider in recent years (Stoner). Without the best bike and that crew, MM would not have won 2 championships in a row. I'm not discounting his talent, he is a mighty fast rider. But it seems to me he's never had to do it tough in any way, and now that Honda's arrogance have taken away the "best bike" factor, he's struggling to come to grips with the fact that there are still some riders in the championship who will bitch slap him given the right bike, setup and opportunity. He deserved to be bitch slapped too. Though I find nothing wrong with his attempt to pass Rossi in that chicane. NOT attempting to pass Rossi in that situation is why riders like Pedrosa have never won a MotoGP championship, and never will.

It was a racing incident, everyone should just get over it

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   3 days 2 hours ago

Great three races, and a great day at the ol' Cathedral. Fantastic battle between Rossi and Marquez, both men at a knife's edge. Too bad the Dutch circuit announcer sounded - as usual - as if he is also the Dutch VR45 Fanclub chairman. When Marquez was behind Rossi, he had to 'put everything on the table'. When Rossi was behind Marquez, he was 'pushing Marquez and looking for a place to pass'. Rossi a faster lap? He is the fastest man on earth. Marquez a faster lap? Must be his tire choice. Pretty tiresome really (no pun intended). A little less bias on commenting would be more than welcome.
    Well deserved win by Rossi, but both riders deserve a lot of credit.