Recent comments

• 2012 Donington World Supersport QP2 - A Few Cold Crashes   2 years 50 weeks ago

That Lowes kid really needs to calm down. He's fast but at this rate he's going to injure himself.

• Hopkins To Miss Donington Due To Broken Foot   2 years 50 weeks ago

HIs history of injuries is pretty well explained by Kenny roberts jr. Hopper has been pushing inferior equipment at 110% for too long. Eventually, you crash.
    Suzukis are competitive in AMA, like triumph daytonas. In WSB, the Suzuki is a slug. What did Leo camier qualify at? 21st?

• 2012 Donington World Superbikes FP2 - Rea Gets Last Minute Lap   2 years 50 weeks ago

Baz definitely doesn't look out of place on a Superbike. He'll not be challenging for wins, but if he can get a couple of decent finishes this race and next, in front of the world, it would do his career no harm.

I'm excited to see a talented young ride in Loris Baz get the opportunity to replace Joan Lascorz at Kawasaki (thought I'd prefer Joan was still riding) and he's done a terrific job in his first ride aboard the bike. For both he and Peter Hickman to only be 1.5 seconds off the leaders pace is very good and to miss Superpole from that close is harsh. Should be a cracking race.

• Estoril Post-Race MotoGP Test Canceled Due To Severe Weather Conditions   2 years 50 weeks ago

Great to see ducati reacting to the disappointment of the cancelled test . At the end of the day the best result for the fans and the sport is Rossi and Ducati being competitive together. Looking forward to their first win..

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

Whatever happened to the news story last year that had Guy Coulon driving the Tech3 truck and illegally backing-up at a toll booth and killing that motorcyclist who was waiting in line behind the truck?

• 2012 Donington World Superbikes QP1 - Smrz returns to form   2 years 50 weeks ago

Great info Wosideg, thanks for that.

As I type, about 10 miles east of the circuit, the sun has dipped, the sky is largely clear and it's 10 degrees and dropping. The best part of the day so far which has been a mixed bag, 14 degrees at best..in short cool.

Dani Pedrosas lap record of 1'28.714 set on a 990 in 2006, must surely be under threat if we get dry conditions tomorrow. Rossi's pole of 1'28.116 layed down in 2009, the last time 800's raced here, may be a little safer.
    Sundays weather has given out settled and good.

Let's hope a tightly packed timing sheet translates to some great racing and makes up for Monza.

• Effenbert boycott Donington WSBK   2 years 50 weeks ago
  • Effenbert boycott Donington WSBK   2 years 50 weeks ago

Looks like they changed it! Now it just says that "Our riders will be racing at Donington" and that's about it.

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

It's almost exactly a year ago that a WSB Kawasaki Team transporter was found to have some surprising hospitality consumables and security hardware on board and 4 PBM employees ended up helping the UK Border Agency with their inquiries[1]. Any suggestion that Paul Bird had been sampling such hospitality consumables or that James Ellison held a similar piece of security hardware to Paul Bird's head while forcing him to read the wording of James' contract would of course be a vicious smear on the character of all concerned.

Does make one wonder though, doesn't it.

[1]Whatever happened to that story? Did it have a happy ending?

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

yet somehow consistent with what I've read over the years regarding Mr Bird.

with all due respect to James Ellison's abilities in this, the elite class, he's performing as I'd expect. I don't quite understand what Paul Bird expects?

• Effenbert boycott Donington WSBK   2 years 50 weeks ago

Their reasoning is outlined in their unusual press release, and it's odd. I'll link to it in the article.

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

For FREE - from a current rider familiar with the tyres, the circuits, chatter and riding in motoGp races. One who was damn nearly on the bike itself. Oh, and who is also a second-time and the current WC..

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

I'd like it noted that I think that PBM are doing a sterling job putting a bike on the grid, and also the work they are doing in BSB. I've no issues with the team or the riders.

I do however have an issue with Paul Bird. Is he actually for real? All he's done is slate poor James Ellison from the word go (it seems to me). And to say what he said at Oulton Park over the weekend was just another gaff in an ever increasing list (imo). Essentially what he's saying is "James isn't trying hard enough and we want someone on the bike". Shocking that hes said this in public. Even more amazing was his "Casey Stoners got chatter problems, and he's winning races" remark. Staggering.

I think that the Press Officer for the team needs to step in here....

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

...... but I saw with my own eyes & heard with my own ears that PB said Shakey was going to ride at Le Man's to try and help the team understand the new machine.

This was later confirmed by @Moto_Pod with a recent interview by @MotoPodMartin talking to Tony Carter who was (understandably) really happy that ES2 got the scoop on the this breaking news.

It would seem Mr Bird is confusing himself as well as us all.

This is nearly as big a back step as when HRC got backlash for forgetting that 2000 - 2005 ever took place !

• Effenbert boycott Donington WSBK   2 years 50 weeks ago

Any idea what they're going on about Jared? Is it the incident where Guintoli wasn't allowed to start (his bike broke down on the sighting lap if I remember)?

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

I heard and saw him say it and the interviewer clarified it; 'I'm taking a difficult managment decision, and it's likely that Shane will be riding the bike at Le Mans'. May not be the exact words but that was the clear message. He went on to say that he wasn't convinced the bike had a bad chatter problem, as Ellison has maintained more than once.

I can only imagine that James has picked up the phone and doth protest at being stood down on television.

Not very fair on Shakey either.

I hope they can sort this out; James had a very good season in BSB in 2009 when he was unlucky to be team-mates with a very in-form Leon Camier.

• Bridgestone Press Release: Shinji Aoki Talks Weather And The New Front Tire At Estoril   2 years 50 weeks ago

fronzen tyres, but tyres teams would understand. And by the looks of it, Bridgestone are not reinventing the tyres at random and leaving teams lost.

I think they have done a very god job, but the purist in me would rather have a tyre war.

>>Set a constant and known paramatre for teams to develop their machines.....

You mean like introducing new constructions mid-season?

Chris

• PBM Denies Rumors Of Ellison Replacement   2 years 50 weeks ago

Same as RdP? Or are they just using the Aprilla motor and their own frame?

• Chris Vermeulen To Replace Edwards At Le Mans   2 years 50 weeks ago

I wonder if he wasn't offered both opportunities and chose the Moto GP one. He'd be another obvious choice for Cresent given his history on a Rizla Suzuki (Moto GP). I don't expect he'll be immediately fast on NGM's "flying pile of parts" (FPP vs. CRT?), but the exposure to Moto GP again will be good for CV, and the expectations and pressure are pobably pretty low compared to what Cresent might want.

• Chris Vermeulen To Replace Edwards At Le Mans   2 years 50 weeks ago

I know a lot of people aren't going to agree with me here, but, Chris Vermeulen???? REALLY???

I'm not doubting the guys talent, AT ALL. But, he's not ridden a race bike in anger in over 10 months (lets call it a year)..Given the BMW ties, why's this ride not being given to a WSBK rider? I know everyones going to say tyres. But, surely someone that's "race bike fit" is going to be of more help than someone who's not. And I've no doubt Chris is ultra fit. But, race bike fit and fit, are 2 different things.

I just can't see it. Sorry.

I do wish him all the very best, and would love to see him back in the paddock. Either Moto GP or WSBK (cough, replacement for Hopper at Donny, cough).

• Hopkins To Miss Donington Due To Broken Foot   2 years 50 weeks ago

I'd agree ianthem. I do think that someone upstairs simply doesn't want Hopper to ride bikes. Poor bloke, if he didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck. To keep coming back from injury after injury must really take something special.

Hope he's back racing soon.

• Hopkins To Miss Donington Due To Broken Foot   2 years 50 weeks ago

He was giving 100% last year in BSB, and would have done so again this year, so he would not have been immune from this kind of injury had he stayed in BSB.

Shame (for us brits) he's going to miss Donington, and hopefully he will be able to ride in the US and enjoy home support over there.