Recent comments

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 12 hours ago

The motogp site drives me crazy!!! And it makes me feel old. I just assume millennials interpret information better when it's just thrown all over the place in no particular order. Damn kids

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 13 hours ago

.....tell it your plans to stabilize price and competitive environment.

The 2017 plan will go as smoothly as an OPEC meeting. It might stabilize the sport for a New York minute, but GP will eventually be caught flat-footed by an unforeseen change. Bickering will start anew, and Dorna may never get around to developing Indo or other markets.

Stability is achieved by building something that self-corrects, not by building something that never changes. Engineers get it when they're building adaptive u-learning fuel computers and location-sensitive traction control, but ask them to create technical regulations.........

It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 13 hours ago

"Historically" speaking Tech 3 Yamaha was not the most competitive sat. team....
    Gresini HONDA before switching to the factory Aprilia package was THE best sat. team since the 4-stroke era, even fighting for the championship finishing 2nd to Rossi in '03-'05. Most riders if given a choice would most likely choose a Honda over anything else to race in the premier class. They just build a better overall package imho and this is coming from a Ducati fan (I ride red)

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 14 hours ago

I knew 2016 was something to look forward to, but getting all the details and minutia makes it more exciting. The thing about the Pre-CRT rules was even though the grid was dwindling at least all the bikes were relatively competitive. How could motogp be the "premier class" when nearly half the grid is slower than WSBK bikes???

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 14 hours ago

8.33% of IRTA's revenue is easy to sell. 107% of Honda/Yamaha performance is not. Furthermore, manufacturers who can achieve 107% are required to buy out an existing team, if the grid is limited to 24 slots.

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 14 hours ago

I'm from Maine and only missed two of the Indy GPs. I've even driven there! Maybe it's not the riders fav track but from a fans perspective it would be sorely missed. Guess I'd just have to go to Texas.
    I've given up on watching on TV. Video Pass from here on.

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 14 hours ago

We've lost almost all of the TV coverage in Canada, now we might loose Indy? My wife and I have gone to Indy all but one year and I would miss it greatly.

They seem to be making it awfully hard to be a fan of MotoGP here.

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 16 hours ago

Why have they gone to a fixed (or shall I say maximum) number of bikes, and not something like the 107% rule?

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 16 hours ago

It will be a shame if Indianapolis is eliminated. Even though the race is inside a stadium, its layout (particularly with the latest mods) is far superior to Austin, which is like a drag strip connected to a go-kart track. And Spain still gets 4 races, with a +20% unemployment rate!?

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 17 hours ago

I'm a little surprised that the Honda satellite bikes are only a few races behind their factory counterparts, while the Satellite Yamaha's are from the end of last year. It makes me wonder why the Tech 3 Yamaha's seem to be, at least historically, more competitive than the Honda. Obviously Cal has been turning that around a bit lately, plus he was competitive when on the Tech 3 bike, but it seems before the arrival of the Brit the Satellite Honda's struggled a bit more in the results than the Tech 3 Yamaha's? or am I seeing things?

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 17 hours ago

All very interesting stuff. Now if they could just go back to the old web site format

• MotoGP In 2017 And Beyond - Towards A Brighter Future?   2 weeks 18 hours ago
    Ah

Rule stability sounds good. In my opinion it's the one thing that keeps costs actually down while still allowing development. I also like the assurance to the current teams, most of which stayed loyal through the harder times and deserve recognition for that.

I do wonder about the four factory bike limit per manufacturer, has that been removed? What if for example the Aspar team manages to find a new sponsor and want a factory Honda instead of the customer one?

Also, any news about changes in the technical specification of Moto2? The class has become wholly uninteresting with almost the whole field on a Kalex. Are they going to continue using the boring Honda 600? I know it's cheap, that's why there are more teams applying for a grid spot than there are spots at the start of the year. But to me there's also such a thing as too cheap. Moto3 is to me way more interesting with Honda and KTM fighting it out without costs rising too much.

Lots of questions, sorry about that!

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Race Two Results: Attrition Strikes   2 weeks 20 hours ago

Well, Van der Mark has been a pretty tough racer so far, so I guess that Haslam may have been a bit less gentle in his overtaking yes, especially after the incident at the last chicane at Assen in race 2. The footage I saw was pretty short by the way, they did not show the build-up to that overtake. Both at Imola and Assen actually. A problem that happens quite often, also at MotoGP: the director shows the moment of the crash, but not the important seconds before.

• 2015 World Superbike Championship Standings After Round 5, Imola, Italy   2 weeks 23 hours ago

Need to find a decent programmer for the ECU, the one they had before in Motogp is now with KTM, seems that they are missing that contribution in Motogp and even more in WSBK.

• 2015 World Superbike Championship Standings After Round 5, Imola, Italy   2 weeks 1 day ago

Rea, after trying his best on that POS Honda for how many years (?) now seems to be making a mockery of the whole thing on one of the better bikes on the grid.

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Saturday Post-Qualifying Press Releases   2 weeks 1 day ago

From overhead and from some camera angles, Imola reminds me much of the same or in similar spirits and feelings and flows of some parts of Laguna Seca.

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Race Two Results: Attrition Strikes   2 weeks 1 day ago

The move Haslam put on Vandermark looked like a club racer. He punted vdm right of fthe track. A few turns later and karma strikes back with Haslam crashing out.
    Was there some damage from the contact?

Davies had 2 mechanical dnf's. Was the second one related to the first?

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Race One Results: Seeing Red   2 weeks 1 day ago

That's quite the compliment.

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Race One Results: Seeing Red   2 weeks 1 day ago

Your race reports are getting better. For a moment I thought it was David.

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Superpole Results: Right On Time   2 weeks 2 days ago

Are they spending too much a Mr. Marquez in GP to afford it? Whats stopping them from bringing something new to the table. That CBR is clearly being out classed

• 2015 Imola World Superbike Saturday Post-Qualifying Press Releases   2 weeks 2 days ago

It's hard to grasp the mentality of these racers.
    Last time out and Giugliano breaks a couple of vertebrae. Not an injury to sneeze at, I would imagine. Now he's back, and first time out, he's on pole. Pretty impressive - certainly good enough to impress me.
    Pity about his season though.

honda has to step up to the plate for this boy. new bike is required. but they didnt come through with rae too. sad waste of talent.

• 2015 Imola World Supersport FP1 Results: Sofuoglu Quickest   2 weeks 3 days ago

They've got it right with the F3.

A tri-colore scheme for the home round would be nice!

• 2015 Imola World Supersport FP2 Results: Cluzel And Sofuoglu Continue Their Battle   2 weeks 3 days ago

That's four extremely fast riders there, this could be an epic race. 87 is no slouch either.

WSS is so far 'the' series of 2015, although MotoGP is giving it a good run for its money!

Hope Glenn Scott gets a change of luck, 16th is a good kick-off at a track he's never seen before.

• Guest Blog: Mat Oxley - Roll on 2016!   2 weeks 3 days ago

Yes, it is indeed strange, but good, I think. This forum would probably be quite dull if it was otherwise and I've enjoyed reading your response every bit as much as the surprising number who've agreed. I'd just like to pick up on the tyre issue if I may. You're absolutely right in principle, but in practice we have riders/bikes that don't seem to like the bridgestones and next year there'll be bikes and riders that can't get on with the michelins, nor do we actually have a level field in this area anymore, with the concession teams having different options to the factories, which kind of illustrates what I'm saying - you can fiddle with the rules as much as you like but there will still always be some that do better than others because of that, and if you keep fiddling to try to control for these things there's a danger that you do more harm than good.