Recent comments

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 5 hours ago

And what about that wall? Do they even have an airfence there? Grass and tires will surely save the day.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 5 hours ago

Agreed. It was pure racecraft by Rossi. There was no way Marquez was getting through there. He either conceded or touched/slammed Rossi.

I'm saying Rossi didn't want Marquez on the outside line. And that lame Assen chicane rewards failed kamikaze overtakes (which this one was not by either rider). Motocross training pays off at Assen.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 7 hours ago

Except Rossi didn't cut the corner, he was bumped.

Marquez was never even, never in front. Rossi maintained the lead throughout the corner. Marquez's move was a desperate one and it didn't work. Act like an adult and don't be a child. Your comment is as childish as his. You got beat fair and square so don't cry about it. Don't say you really won. Just say you had to try to win and it didn't work out.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 8 hours ago

The obviously factually incorrect statements (imo) from Marquez and his team do seem to indicate that the old bloke has delivered a rude awakening. Somewhat understandable really as Marquez's results over the last two years have been exceptional. Despite his statements of respect for Rossi the fact is he beat Rossi (and everyone else) convincingly in his first two motogp seasons. It must be a shock to have yesterday's man getting the better of you when you have been so dominant from the outset.

I was interested to see Marquez looking much more controlled behind Rossi for 99.9% of the race. That seems generally to be attributed to finding a satisfactory setup for the Honda again. I wonder though if Honda has perhaps read Marquez the riot act re win or bin. I don't know what Honda's motogp budget is but they certainly don't spend millions to see their star put their bike and the championship in the bin due to ego. I'd like to hear what the garage gossip is.

• Ducati Lose Concessions For 2016 - Will Race Under Same Rules As Honda And Yamaha   6 days 10 hours ago

So Ducati better get Stoner to do a wild card at Phillip Island. If they are going to do the time then they may as well do the crime.

• 2015 MotoGP Championship Standings After Round 8, Assen, The Netherlands   6 days 10 hours ago

Before the seasons started, I made a comment that I believed Iannone would get the better of Dovi by getting the first win. That hasn't happened - yet - but... :-)

• Ducati Lose Concessions For 2016 - Will Race Under Same Rules As Honda And Yamaha   6 days 11 hours ago

when you change them whenever it suits? In reality, they should have waited for the dry win that may well still come this year (Motegi anyone?). Instead the big two have conspired to change the rules as soon as the bike showed early promise, possibly a little premature if the last few races are any guide.
    I'm not against this actual decision now that Ducati are there or thereabouts, it's the recent spate of spontaneous rule changing "with immediate effect" that gets to me.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 11 hours ago

Classic Rossi. I love it, I'd forgotten what it was like to watch a race on the edge of my seat flag to flag.

Grazie Rossi, y muchisimas gracias Marquez.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 12 hours ago

He is the rider we thought he was in the last four years. He isn't yet the racer some thought and while I'm a Marquez flag waver, overshadowed by being a career long Rossi fan, I don't think he ever will be.

It's his third year, I expect him to present different degrees of what he is now for the rest of his career. Much the way Lorenzo has since his incredible 2010. Marquez just did it straight away for two years.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

shows mm couldnt really controle the bike as he was sliding into VR and after the bounce his bike was moving in ways ive never seen a bike move, also it was so hard that even when he touched (RAM) vr he couldnt make the corner and mm ended on the otherside of the corner wich for me means he was never ever gonna make it and like he has done to other riders he uses them to make the corner and bully his way through.
    Also i ask why does mm want to deliberately hurt or bring others in danger?! if you deliberately hurt people that sound (almost) sociopathic behavour.
    I like hard racing as in close racing but this has absolutely nothing to do with racing anymore.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

I posted a comment which said that Marquez took a risk which was not
    appropriate to the situation and I indicated that as long as Honda employs
    Marquez when Marquez rides like he rode today, I won't spend my money on Honda products.

And you don't allow my post to appear ?

So much for the credibility of this site.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

Pffft. Rossi is no more heroic than Jorge...or Sete. Jerez's hairpin simply doesn't offer the option of going straight after being hit by a runaway torpedo.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

Thou shalt not say anything if Rossi wins the race by cutting a corner.
    To me Marc had enough of the real estate on the inside to claim the line, but on the last corner it's also fair enough for Rossi to not cede the position like he might have if it was the first lap rather than the last.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

was an awesome race, and agree lets call it a racecraft. The best moment I saw, if it was not a hilarious one, don't get me wrong, I love MM, was seeing Marc gesturing "what the..." from quite far back, by raising his left hand seeing Vale reaching the checkered flag. I thought N Ajo was stealing the show with his bended knees finish, Vale was even better with the unwanted your fault my gain shortcut :D otherwise he would still win anyway LOL, I'd watch this race again, over and over.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 13 hours ago

My mistake,sorry David.The sentiment remains though.Marquez is an amazing talent at times,but that doesn't mean he is not also too dangerous too often.Bautista ,Pedrosa,Lorenzo,Rossi twice.All riders make mistakes,but he does it too often,and doesn't seem to realise or care.He was even cutting people up in the FP sessions.He is far too fond of placing others in danger and maybe penalties would force him(or Honda) to curb his recklessness.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 14 hours ago

Nice to have some action at the front this time around! Rossi was brilliant! And certainly deserved that win. Marc is DANGEROUS, he has been involved in so many incidents this season already including Qatar, Argentina, Le Mans, Catalunya and now here at Assen. Again its time somebody of serious influence had a very good talk to him. Whilst Rossi has in the past been guilty of some 'hard' moves, they were years apart, not in successive rounds!

What disturbs me is mentally Marc thinks he should have won the race??!!! clearly he was not making that pass-EVER-he was not making the corner on that trajectory and Rossi actually prevented him from hitting the gravel trap!

Marc is clearly not the rider we all thought he was during the last two rosey seasons when he was winning. Now the pressure has been seriously applied he is showing his true colours. It appears Rossi has rattled him here.

Jorge's utter disappointment with 3rd is telling, on the flip side Rossi's reactions this seasons to good point scoring rounds whilst not winning couldn't be more opposed-this could be the 'Laguna' moment of 2015. As discussed many times, the Hard tyres coming back into play have put Jorge right back where he was at the start of the season-way off the pace. Only now the positioned has been highlighted more due to his dominant wins of late with the softer option.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 14 hours ago

"David's interpretation"? You mean on the main article? It was written by Jared Earle, who's been a great addition to this website. I think the "Submitted by" under the tittle should be redesign to be more visible. That way the right person will get the applause or the slap.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 14 hours ago

Pretty sure Rossi's cut WAS premeditated, but his 'evil plan' required Marc Mayhem to provide 'just cause' by making non-trivial contact. Fair play to 46, MM played his role exactly as anticipated.

(I only wish Sete had a similar option all those years ago at Jerez. He'd have taken a much deserved win.)

• 2015 MotoGP Championship Standings After Round 8, Assen, The Netherlands   6 days 15 hours ago

Indeed, dark horse closing, current 3rd. I was very impressed with Andrea's race today and he along with Danillo and Yonny continue to impress.
    Well. Let me put it this way. Joe Maniac has certainly done a better job for Ducati than GOAT Rossi ever did and I'm not knocking anyone. Rossi is in the zone on the transverse 4 and Iannone is exercising sublime maturity on the factory bike.
    Marc and Andrea know each other pretty well circa M2,

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 15 hours ago

Rossi was ahead,and chose a good line.Marquez was too ambitious with his manoeuvre, forcing Rossi and himself off track in different directions. Rossi recovered to win,and Marquez didn't. David's interpretation is wrong,his love for Marquez is clouding his judgement.Even using Rossi as a berm,Marquez failed to control his entry. Again.Reckless behaviour that shouldn't be dismissed.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 16 hours ago

Any fool and his dog knew Rossi would win this one if he got a half decent start. Credit to Marquez though, as ever, the bloke threw the kitchen sink at it on the last lap.
    Ducati? Funny old bone that. They work better on foreign soil than they do in Europe.
    My take on George is that he has Assen from a few seasons back in his head and is thankfull its all over, I don't think he likes the place. 3rd was great for him.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 16 hours ago

Assen ALWAYS deliver.

Marquez tried to bully his way into the corner as he often does but it backfired. Any other rider on the grid would have gotten out of the way but not THAT one. He should've learned that the first time it happened.

The sad thing is, that incident is going to be the last and probably only thing people remember from an otherwise fan-tas-tic race!!!! battles everywhere on the track with the most exciting happening at the front? Yes please.

May Rossi stay fit for a long time, this sport needs him.

• 2015 MotoGP Championship Standings After Round 8, Assen, The Netherlands   6 days 16 hours ago

Andrea is 20 points ahead of Andrea.....

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 16 hours ago

This was the 3rd time this year he's hit Rossi while following (twice in Argentina), he took out Bautista at Qatar and came within a foot of taking out Lorenzo a couple of races back. There's hard racing and then there's demolition derby and frankly you could re-rubber a tire with the scrapings on fairings and leathers he's left behind this year.

He's run into the interesting fact that he's no faster than Roasi or Lorenzo in the race, for the most part, and doesn't seem able to process the fact.

And at the press conference it seemed to me that he was threatening Rossi which is both a bad idea and potentially a very dangerous one for both riders.

• 2015 Assen MotoGP Race Result: Assen Delivers   6 days 16 hours ago

But let me tell you lorenzo's performance are dependent heavily on tyres, here bridgestone brought 2014 spec tyres and not the better edge grip 2015 ones so ultimately rossi had the upper hand. And if you look that it took him only a lap to get to third you will know that if he had a competitive race pace he would have overtaken rossi also. When rossi qualifies bad he takes 3 or 4 laps to get behind lorenzo but today when in rossi's situation he showed he can overtake everyone faster than rossi but the truth is that he didn't had the race pace and that i agree.

The main point that lorenzo cannot win from behind has been proved half wrong here. And we all know that lorenzo will not start eighth always.