Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
Amid all the Assen drama it was easy to forget about the forlorn figure of Dani Pedrosa, slumped in his pit, wondering what might have been.
If all things had been equal, victory should have belonged to the Spaniard. Instead he finished a distant fourth, just one place ahead of the remarkable Jorge Lorenzo. So instead of stretching his advantage over his main title rival by 14 points, he gained just two points on him.
Pedrosa may still lean on points but his season has gone awry since his back-to-back wins at Jerez and Le Mans, because for one reason or another he hasn’t been able to get the best out of the Bridgestones. At the three races since Le Mans – Mugello, Catalunya and Assen – he has cited tyre issues for his inability to challenge for victory.
At Mugello he struggled with Bridgestone’s heat-resistant rear tyre, new for this race. “We had many problems with the new rear tyre and we had to set up the bike completely differently to get grip,” he said. “Jorge was faster in the corners.”
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
edwardhill199510 hours 43 min ago
westedge12 hours 30 min ago
cycomiko12 hours 40 min ago
Machine12 hours 50 min ago
99bunny13 hours 55 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Pol Espargaró: «Ducati-Vorteile sind unfair!»
- «Hernandez ist schnell», sagt Teamchef Guidotti
- Guidotti (Pramac): «Von Danilo Petrucci überrascht!»
- Misano: Neuer Asphalt und mehr Sicherheit!
- Nieto, Espargaró & Viñales eröffnen «Catalunya Moto»
- Wayne Gardner: «Lorenzo kann Márquez schlagen»
- Auch Loris Capirossi bei «World GP Bike Legends»!
- Nicky Hayden: «Beaubier immer mit Márquez verglichen»
- Michelin-Chef: Die Schräglagen bleiben spektakulär
- Gigi Dall'Igna: «Mach den Fahrern keine Vorschriften»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: