We had to wait 245 days between races, but boy, was it worth the wait. The Moto3 race was the usual closely-fought battle, the new order reasserted itself in Moto2, and the MotoGP race destroyed any preconceptions we had of the 2020 season, while serving up a smorgasbord of some of the finest riding we have seen in a very long time. Motorcycle racing junkies got the fix they had jonesing for, which should keep them sated for a while. And the best thing is we do it all over again next week. Though it is hard to imagine how the MotoGP paddock can replicate the events of this weekend.
In these notes:
- We told you this would be a tricky championship
- Marc Márquez being Marc Márquez
- The deep hole Honda have dug for themselves
- The win we had been waiting for
- Yamaha's shake up pays off
- I thought Ducatis were supposed to suck at Jerez?
- A whole new championship
- KTM – a proper motorcycle at last
It is hard to believe how much happened in the space of just a single day. But here's what mattered on Sunday.
Risk vs reward