2013 Monza World Supersport Race Delayed: Three Red Flags
The World Supersport race was halted after four laps after the front four riders all went down on oil that was not spotted from a third lap crash at Variante Della Roggia. The restart lasted for two laps before a rider crashed out of the Ascari chicane, immolating the motorbike and destroying the ablative air fencing; an automatic red flag. On the third start of the race, a ten-lap dash, a rider ploughed through Prima Variente, the first chicane, taking a few other racers with him. A third red flag was waved and the race was postponed until after the second World Superbike race. Nobody was significantly hurt in any of the incidents.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
DC54 min 54 sec ago
hgsuzuki1 hour 54 min ago
BruceC2 hours 22 sec ago
thecosman2 hours 26 min ago
BrickTop3 hours 20 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Aleix Espargaro happy with opening night pace in Qatar
- Scott Redding happy to close gap to Nicky Hayden
- Bradley Smith not happy to play second fiddle to Aleix Espargaro
- Schöne neue Welt(meisterschaft)?
- Randy de Puniet (Suzuki): «Sind schneller geworden»
- Saisonstart nähert sich: Nur noch drei grosse Tests
- Gigi Dall'Igna (Ducati): «Haben bisher nur getestet»
- Ioda-Aprilia: Leon Camier raus – nur mit Petrucci!
Subscribe to email update: