2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Mick_w16 min 13 sec ago
etienne3 hours 58 min ago
cb750wtf5 hours 45 min ago
Lilyvani6 hours 5 min ago
sert duc8 hours 5 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- MotoGP 2015: So sehen die Teams aus!
- Phillip Island: Die unendliche Geschichte des Sturzes
- Nicky Hayden: «Sepang ist wundervoll»
- Jeremy Burgess: «Trennung war eine gute Entscheidung»
- Londoner Bike-Festival mit Gardner, Spencer & Sarron
- Nicky Hayden & Aoyama: Ausflug in die Zukunft
- Phillip Island bei Sport1: Nur 90.000 Zuschauer
- Marc Márquez/Dani Pedrosa: Wiedergutmachung angesagt
- Avintia-Ducati 2015 mit Barbera und di Meglio
- Forward-Yamaha und Bradl 2015 mit Kayaba-Suspension?
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: