2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Hedgehog22 min 17 sec ago
LewTheShoe3 hours 2 min ago
motomann4 hours 48 min ago
Yamaha2strokes6 hours 17 min ago
Mick_w6 hours 36 min ago
- Laverty switches from WSBK to MotoGP
- Cal Crutchlow: LCR verweigert ihm Crewchief-Wahl
- Aleix Espargaró: «Will mit Suzuki Großes erreichen»
- Yamaha: Großes Lob für Lorenzo & Aleix Espargaró
- Forward-Yamaha: Alex De Angelis oder Mike di Meglio?
- Michelin-Rennchef Goubert: «Auf allen Pisten testen»
- Danilo Petrucci: Zwei Jahre bei Pramac-Ducati
- Cristian Gabbarini: 2015 Crew-Chief bei Jack Miller
- Maverick Viñales: «Hielt Suzuki-Offerte für Witz»
- Ducati in MotoGP: Die Open-Vorteile wackeln
Subscribe to email update: