2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Russki_Bear1 hour 13 min ago
morbidelli171 hour 21 min ago
RaptorFA1 hour 26 min ago
AL-21 hour 29 min ago
RaptorFA1 hour 36 min ago
- Marc VDS in der MotoGP: Tauziehen um Scott Redding
- Brünn: Region Südmähren übernimmt finanzielles Risiko
- Marc VDS: Titelgewinn in der Moto2, dazu MotoGP-Deal!
- Strafpunkte 2014: Iannone & weitere prominente Sünder
- Bradl, Folger & Miller über die spanische Dominanz
- Brad Binder über Miller: «MotoGP-Aufstieg verrückt»
- Aki Ajo traute Miller MotoGP-Wechsel sofort zu!
- Alex De Angelis: Kahnbeinbruch, Aragón-GP fraglich
- Jack Miller: «Ich fahre 2015 MotoGP für LCR!»
- Rossi & Guareschi: Die Amputation des «Doctors»
Subscribe to email update: