2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
macrocephalic47 min 5 sec ago
motomann1 hour 56 min ago
Don Vito Perleone2 hours 11 min ago
Yamaha2strokes3 hours 10 min ago
frankenhippi4 hours 5 min ago
- Ducati-Ass Cal Crutchlow will Drag Race fahren
- Stefan Bradl: Wohin führt jetzt der Weg?
- Exklusiv: Aleix Espargaró für zwei Jahre bei Suzuki
- Dominique Aegerter ist bei Forward-Yamaha ein Thema
- Aprilia 2015 in der MotoGP: Mit Bautista und Laverty?
- Yamaha Gewinnspiel: Triff Valentino Rossi in Misano!
- Jonas Folger: «Ich fahre 2015 bei AGR in der Moto2»
- MotoGP 2015: Stefan Bradl und Aleix Espargaró am Zug
- Andrea Iannone: Ducati bietet dritte Werksmaschine an
- LCR-Crew-Chief Bourguignon: Wie er Bradl einschätzt
Subscribe to email update: