2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
avsatishchandra58 min 7 sec ago
breganzane1 hour 37 min ago
chee163 hours 35 min ago
mark.hadf4 hours 27 min ago
1050cc5 hours 14 min ago
- Leon Camier: Auch in Silverstone Ersatz für Hayden
- Romano Albesiano/Aprilia: MotoGP/Superbikes vereint?
- Aprilia-Rennchef Romano Albesiano: Seine MotoGP-Pläne
- Karel Abraham (14.): «Sehen uns 2015 in Brünn wieder»
- Valentino Rossi: «Neue M1 hat Stärken und Schwächen»
- Brünn-Test: Marc Márquez fand seinen Speed wieder
- LCR-Honda: Mit Johnny Rea oder Eugene Laverty?
- MotoGP-Test Brünn: Marc Márquez spitze, Bradl 8.
- Brünn-GP bei Sport1: Schwächere Quote als 2013
- Bestzeit für Jorge Lorenzo: 2015-Yamaha getestet
Subscribe to email update: