2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
morbidelli1712 min 17 sec ago
morbidelli1717 min 1 sec ago
allostef2 hours 4 min ago
Motoshrink2 hours 15 min ago
Stuart Fordyce3 hours 22 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Pre-Order: 1982 CB750 Honda Superbike Art Print
- Ducati-Open-Pläne: GP-Kommission als Stolperstein?
- Jeremy Burgess: Seine Abrechnung mit Valentino Rossi
- Sachsenring-GP: Berüchtigte Kurve 11 wird entschärft!
- LCR-Chef Lucio Cecchinello: Bradl Favorit für Katar?
- Bridgestone-Reifen: Wann meutern Yamaha und Honda?
- Phillip Island: Andrea Dovizioso stärker als Rossi
- MoviStar: 5 Jahre Hauptsponsor des Yamaha-Werksteams
Subscribe to email update: