2013 Monza World Superbike Saturday Roundup: Theft And Mothers Day
Rain topped and tailed the day, hopefully squeezing the last drops out before the races tomorrow so that Monza can enjoy a very Italian mother's day. One lucky mother will be getting a set of Jules Cluzel leathers, stolen from his trailer, unless they're recovered before tomorrow. Another mother hoping to be lucky is Mrs Lowes, mother of Alex and Sam, who saw Alex Lowes win a BSB race on Monday and Sam Lowes win last Superbike race at Assen.
Sam Lowes will be starting from pole position in the World Supersport, in spite of the rain that was falling when he set his pole position time as the flag dropped. With Kenan Sofuoglu on the front row with him, he won't have an easy Sunday.
The front row for both World Superbike races is, as predicted, shared between the Aprilias and Tom Sykes's Kawasaki. Eugene Laverty was the faster of the two Aprilias in second place, behind Sykes but ahead of his team mate Sylvain Guintoli. On this fast track, those three riders should be able to dominate the race, but Jonathan Rea on the Honda is surprisingly quick, even if he is giving up 10kmh down the straights. If he can latch onto the more powerful bikes, he could benefit from the draft.
The draft is very important at Monza as there are two long straights with a sweeping right hander, the Parabolica, connecting them. This corner, and the exit to this corner, is where races have been won and lost.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
mugwump11 hours 29 min ago
Motoshrink14 hours 29 min ago
ghostdog618 hours 26 min ago
Nealio19 hours 23 min ago
Coll Raceovski1 day 1 hour ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- MotoGP: Der Valentino-Rossi-Kalender für 2015 ist da!
- Spritlimit 2016: Honda gegen Yamaha und Ducati
- Ducati: «Cal Crutchlow ist schwer zu kontrollieren»
- Eugene Laverty (Honda) über sein MotoGP-Debüt
- MotoGP-Technik: V4? Reihenmotor? Was ist besser?
- Hervé Poncharal: «Ganz neue Organisation für 2016»
- Marc Márquez-Fanclub: Neues Logo mit «I AM93»
- KTM 2017 in der MotoGP-WM: Plan B in der Schublade
- Tom Lüthi über Miller: «Der Sprung ist riesig»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Können 2015 um Siege kämpfen»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: