On Sunday, the World Supersport race will be reduced to a 15-lap race due to concerns over the longevity of the Pirelli tyres available on the resurfaced track. The final qualifying session was completed without any major incidents or stoppages.
For a while, it looked like Sam Lowes would qualify in pole position with over a second gap to second place, but at the flag, Kenan Sofuoglu was able to close the gap to a mere 0.6 seconds. Lowes himself managed to get within a quarter of a second of his Superbike-like qualifying time, ending qualifying as the quickest man in every session. Fabien Foret and Michael Van Der Mark returned to the top four while Jack Kennedy impressed with a fifth place.
1. Sam Lowes (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 1'32.545
2. Kenan Sofuoglu (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'33.157
3. Fabien Foret (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'33.721
4. Michael Vd Mark (Pata Honda World Supersport) Honda CBR600RR 1'33.802
5. Jack Kennedy (Rivamoto) Honda CBR600RR 1'33.896
6. David Salom (Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'33.965