HRC Press Release: Weather Limits Track Time For Stoner On His Return
Below is the official press release from the Repsol Honda Team after the first rain-limited day of testing for Casey Stoner. The weather forecast for Motegi on Wednesday is better, meaning that Stoner should be able to do more laps than on Tuesday. Official photos from the test can be found here: http://repsolmedia.com/en/photo-archive-2013/item/21714-test-motogp-japon
Weather impedes Stoner's return on MotoGP machine
Double World Champion, Casey Stoner, climbed aboard a MotoGP machine for the first time today since retiring from the sport in November 2012. However, Bad weather affected his return and the Honda development test at the Twin Ring Motegi in Tochigi, Japan.
The original plan was for Casey to re-familiarise himself with the RC213V - 2013 machine, in the morning and then test the new 2014 prototype in the afternoon and a few other test items. Unfortunately, after just 6 laps the rain arrived and halted testing for the day.
"It was good to get back on the bike, if only for a few laps! We only managed to get one run in before the rain arrived which was a little disappointing. It was really nice to get that first run, it's been 9 months since I've been on a bike and it's going to take me some time to get used to everything again! The bike and the track felt good and I hope that we can get some better testing in tomorrow with some dry track time and run some more laps"
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Max Power9 min 28 sec ago
Firefly14 min 18 sec ago
Firefly16 min 14 sec ago
Jejunity Jay46 min 23 sec ago
RobboNL1 hour 1 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Lin Jarvis: «Rossis Siegeshunger ist unglaublich»
- Was Valentino Rossi über die Márquez-Brüder sagt
- Andrea Iannone: In Sepang mit zwei GP14.2!
- Ramon Aurin wird neuer Crew-Chief von Dani Pedrosa
- Marco Simoncelli: GP-Welt trauert am 3. Todestag
- Bradley Smith: «Wieder alles für Top-Result geben»
- Warum sich Cal Crutchlow bei Rossi entschuldigte
- Valentino Rossi: «Können härter gegen Honda kämpfen»
- Marc Márquez: «Valentino und Jorge werden stark sein»
- Stefan Bradl: Fährt er so lange wie Valentino Rossi?
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: