HRC Press Release: Weather Limits Track Time For Stoner On His Return
Below is the official press release from the Repsol Honda Team after the first rain-limited day of testing for Casey Stoner. The weather forecast for Motegi on Wednesday is better, meaning that Stoner should be able to do more laps than on Tuesday. Official photos from the test can be found here: http://repsolmedia.com/en/photo-archive-2013/item/21714-test-motogp-japon
Weather impedes Stoner's return on MotoGP machine
Double World Champion, Casey Stoner, climbed aboard a MotoGP machine for the first time today since retiring from the sport in November 2012. However, Bad weather affected his return and the Honda development test at the Twin Ring Motegi in Tochigi, Japan.
The original plan was for Casey to re-familiarise himself with the RC213V - 2013 machine, in the morning and then test the new 2014 prototype in the afternoon and a few other test items. Unfortunately, after just 6 laps the rain arrived and halted testing for the day.
"It was good to get back on the bike, if only for a few laps! We only managed to get one run in before the rain arrived which was a little disappointing. It was really nice to get that first run, it's been 9 months since I've been on a bike and it's going to take me some time to get used to everything again! The bike and the track felt good and I hope that we can get some better testing in tomorrow with some dry track time and run some more laps"
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
andre784 min 43 sec ago
R6rider45 min 55 sec ago
R6rider48 min 2 sec ago
Lilyvani1 hour 2 min ago
Motoshrink1 hour 5 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- World Superbike Round at Laguna Seca Confirmed
- Aspar's Aoyama Talks MotoGP Pre-Season, New Team, Bike ...
- Yamalube/Westby On the Way To Daytona
- Kevin Schwantz’s Schwantz School on Hiatus for 2014
- Lorenzo: "Valentino has all the possibilities to win ..."
- Keith Code: The Art of Cornering
- Caterham Release From Jerez Moto2 Test
- Claudio Corti (MV Agusta): MotoGP ist nicht der Olymp
Subscribe to email update: