Suzuki WSBK Press Release: Wet First Day of Testing at Jerez
The Suzuki press office issued the following press release after the first day of testing at a very wet Jerez:
WET JEREZ TEST FOR FIXI CRESCENT SUZUKI
Team Suzuki Press Office - January 22.
FIXI Crescent Suzuki secured valuable information for the season ahead following a very wet first day at the eni FIM Superbike World Championship test at Jerez in Spain.
Leon Camier was the fourth fastest around the Spanish circuit as he splashed his way to a best lap of 1'53.285 from his 61 circulations of the Jerez track. Camier was able to evaluate wet weather settings and strategies for FIXI Crescent Suzuki's GSX-R, which the team will be able to use as a benchmark for any forthcoming rain-affected races in 2013.
The damp conditions did little to dampen Jules Cluzel's enthusiasm, as the Frenchman seized the opportunity to test the Yoshimura-powered Suzuki GSX-R's wet-weather prowess. He continued with his comprehensive learning process on a Superbike and his quickest time of 1'54.168 during his 41 laps gave him a very impressive eighth position on the leader-board. Davide Giugliano on an Aprilia set the fastest time of the day.
FIXI Crescent Suzuki has one more day at Jerez and will be hoping the clouds clear to give it a full day of dry weather, so Camier and Cluzel can continue with the important set-up work the pair began at Almeria last week.
A full report at the conclusion of the Jerez test, with quotes from Camier, Cluzel and Team manager Paul Denning, will be released tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Motoshrink1 hour 17 min ago
avsatishchandra4 hours 45 min ago
livewoutlimit5 hours 2 min ago
eacrcrogi5 hours 54 min ago
breetrydierve88 (not verified)6 hours 57 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Nicky Hayden über Ungewissheit, Rücktritt und Zukunft
- Suzuki-Boss: Schnelle Fortschritte bei Topspeed?
- Arzt rät ab: Kein «Superprestigio» für Nicky Hayden!
- Crew-Chief: Warum sich Miller & Stoner ähnlich sind
- Donington: Neuer Asphalt, Boxenausfahrt & Airfences
- Ducati: Wer fährt welches Desmosedici-Modell?
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Márquez? Talent, Mut & viel Risiko»
- Tests 2014: Jack Miller in Sepang, Bradl in Jerez
- Randy de Puniet: Erster Superbike-Test in Jerez!
- Alvaró Bautista: «2015 wird ein Testjahr für Aprilia»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: