Suzuki WSBK Press Release: Wet First Day of Testing at Jerez
The Suzuki press office issued the following press release after the first day of testing at a very wet Jerez:
WET JEREZ TEST FOR FIXI CRESCENT SUZUKI
Team Suzuki Press Office - January 22.
FIXI Crescent Suzuki secured valuable information for the season ahead following a very wet first day at the eni FIM Superbike World Championship test at Jerez in Spain.
Leon Camier was the fourth fastest around the Spanish circuit as he splashed his way to a best lap of 1'53.285 from his 61 circulations of the Jerez track. Camier was able to evaluate wet weather settings and strategies for FIXI Crescent Suzuki's GSX-R, which the team will be able to use as a benchmark for any forthcoming rain-affected races in 2013.
The damp conditions did little to dampen Jules Cluzel's enthusiasm, as the Frenchman seized the opportunity to test the Yoshimura-powered Suzuki GSX-R's wet-weather prowess. He continued with his comprehensive learning process on a Superbike and his quickest time of 1'54.168 during his 41 laps gave him a very impressive eighth position on the leader-board. Davide Giugliano on an Aprilia set the fastest time of the day.
FIXI Crescent Suzuki has one more day at Jerez and will be hoping the clouds clear to give it a full day of dry weather, so Camier and Cluzel can continue with the important set-up work the pair began at Almeria last week.
A full report at the conclusion of the Jerez test, with quotes from Camier, Cluzel and Team manager Paul Denning, will be released tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
highside specialist58 min 17 sec ago
rsciandphi1 hour 15 min ago
Motoshrink1 hour 20 min ago
rsciandphi1 hour 49 min ago
Motoshrink1 hour 57 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Miller ora può andare in vacanza, finiti i test di Sepang
- Crew-Chief Verbena: Stefan Bradl so gut wie Espargaró
- Aprilia-Rennchef: Neuer Motor hat sich bewährt
- Jack Miller in Sepang: Erster MotoGP-Sturz!
- Honda: Keine Extrawurst für Crutchlow und Redding
- Marco Melandri (Aprilia): «Stecke im Schlamassel»
- Teamorder: Was Rossi, Bradl & Co. davon halten
- Marc Márquez: «Hatte Angst, dass mich Gegner hassen»
- Stefan Bradl: Passt die Yamaha besser zu ihm?
- Rookie Loris Baz (Forward): «Das ist seltsam»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: