Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Averagerider23 min 2 sec ago
Averagerider30 min 58 sec ago
motomann1 hour 5 min ago
JC Racing 961 hour 17 min ago
poleposition1 hour 47 min ago
- Penz13.com Franks Autowelt Racing Superstock Team Takes Pole Position For Oschersleben 8 Hours In Germany
- Motorpoint British Supersport Championship: Top Three Riders Separated By Only Four Points
- Nicky Hayden Aims for MotoGP Return at Misano
- Scott Redding: «Lieber zu Hause als Open-Bike fahren»
- Die MotoGP-Stars und die «Ice Bucket Challenge»
- Lorenzo & Rossi: Hoffen auf das 2015er-Chassis
- Asymmetrischer Vorderreifen für Australien & Valencia
- Colin Edwards: Als Auktionator in Silverstone!
- LCR-Teamchef Cecchinello: «Support von Honda wichtig»
- Lucio Cecchinello (LCR): «Natürlich bin ich traurig»
Subscribe to email update: