Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
etienne16 min 18 sec ago
etienne18 min 27 sec ago
etienne22 min 39 sec ago
Motoshrink29 min 42 sec ago
David Emmett35 min 29 sec ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Alvaró Bautista: Unsanfte Gasannahme des neuen Motors
- Andrea Dovizioso (1.): «Große Set-up-Änderungen»
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Miller ist fitter als gedacht»
- Jerez-Test: Ducati-Duo an der Spitze, Bradl 3.
- Stefan Bradl in Jerez Dritter: «Guter Yamaha-Test!»
- Dani Pedrosa: Eigene Erwartungen 2014 nicht erfüllt!
- Jack Miller in Sepang: «Das Bike ist unglaublich»
- Nach Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo im Kessel-Ferrari
- Jerez-Test: Stefan Bradl (Forward Yamaha) weit voraus
- Brivio/Suzuki: Mehr Power, sonst in Schwierigkeiten
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: