Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
breganzane1 hour 11 min ago
Rabid_Canine4 hours 41 min ago
CTK5 hours 57 min ago
Sttrain6 hours 31 min ago
Andy_7487 hours 41 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Karel Abraham (14.): Schon so viele Punkte wie 2013
- HRC-Manager Livio Suppo: Neuer Vertrag für Márquez?
- Wilco Zeelenberg (Yamaha): Was ist mit Lorenzo los?
- Movistar: Jetzt auch Titelsponsor in Aragón
- Gresini angezählt: Stürze und Probleme dominieren
- Laguna Seca und der fehlende Charme von COTA
- Leon Camier: Die leeren Versprechen von Iodaracing
- Kevin Schwantz: Warum er Bridgestone kritisiert
Subscribe to email update: