Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
TimGP202 hours 3 min ago
mark.hadf2 hours 40 min ago
Motoshrink4 hours 7 min ago
k_the_c21 hours 19 min ago
Averagerider1 day 4 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- KTM-Teamchef Aki Ajo: Interesse am MotoGP-Aufstieg?
- Mike Leitner: Die Höhen und Tiefen mit Dani Pedrosa
- Sergio Verbena (Forward): Für Sepang-Test startklar
- Guidotti/Pramac: «Hernandez muss neugieriger werden»
- Rookie Jack Miller: «Ich war schon immer verrückt»
- MotoGP-Kalender 2015: Erneut vier Rennen in Spanien
- Hervé Poncharal: «Marc Márquez ist der neue Rossi!»
- Gigi Dall’Igna: «Kontinuität statt große Upgrades»
- Rookie Eugene Laverty: Stippvisite bei der Rallye-WM
- Wayne Rainey: «Keine Sorgen wegen Jack Miller»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: