Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
eskothomson4 hours 13 min ago
eskothomson4 hours 24 min ago
rsciandphi1 day 3 hours ago
David Emmett1 day 3 hours ago
MiniNinjamk51 day 8 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- 2015 MotoAmerica Rules Posted Online
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Können 2015 um Siege kämpfen»
- MotoGP: Die neuen Regeln für 2015 und 2016!
- MotoGP-WM 2016: Tankinhalt auf 22 Liter erhöht
- Jeremy Burgess: Macht Miller Moto2 überflüssig?
- Dani Pedrosa: Er hofft 2015 auf den «Rossi-Effekt»
- Streit: MotoGP auf Eurosport ein Vor- oder Nachteil?
- Stefan Bradl: «Zwei Jahre bei Forward? Kein Problem!»
- Nicky Hayden: «Will die Leute stolz machen»
- Doppelbelastung für Randy de Puniet: SBK und MotoGP
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: