Brett McCormick Suffers Serious Injuries in WSBK Race 2 at Assen
Canadian rider Brett McCormick has suffered serious injuries to his face and spine in a crash during the second World Superbike race at Assen on Sunday. After examination at the medical center, McCormick was removed to the nearby hospital in the city of Assen, before being moved to a larger hospital in Groningen to stabilize his injuries. The Canadian appears to have escaped damage to his spinal cord in the crash, according to his team.
Below is the press release from the team, courtesy of TwoWheelsBlog.com:
The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team announces that Brett McCormick, following the disastrous crash in race two this afternoon in Assen, after the control in the circuit medical center, has suffered the trauma of the cervical spine, facial trauma with a hematoma to the eye sockets as well as a fracture of the fifth finger of his right hand, and he was sent to Assen hospital for further evaluation.
The result of more checks carried out that there was a fracture to the fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae, apparently without neurological involvement, so Brett has been transferred in the Groningen’ hospital, where it will decide how to stabilize the injuries. Further updates will follow as soon as possible.”
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
rdc25 min 29 sec ago
jbond1 hour 5 min ago
briga1 hour 15 min ago
timbo1 hour 49 min ago
rdc1 hour 49 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Andrea Dovizioso: Wetten getraut er sich nicht
- Valentino Rossi: Phillip Island 2004 gegen Gibernau
- Phillip Island: Schwarzer Sonntag für Honda
- Héctor Barbera (Ducati/5.): «Unglaubliches Ergebnis»
- Ducati: Wackeln die Open-Privilegien für 2015?
- Valentino Rossi: Sieg & Ratschläge von Jeremy Burgess
- Cal Crutchlow (Ducati): Sturz auf Platz 2!
- Alvaro Bautista auf Phillip Island bester Honda-Pilot
- Andrea Iannone über Pedrosa-Kollision
- Andrea Dovizioso (4.): «Musste mein Bike aufrichten»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: