Regis Laconi Receives Head And Back Injuries In Kyalami Crash
Regis Laconi has been seriously injured in a crash at Kyalami. The Frenchman, riding for the DFX Corse team, had just taken to the track when he crashed in a fast left hander, suffering injuries to his head and torso. It was immediately clear that Laconi was badly hurt, and after the medics had stabilized his condition, he was taken first to the trackside medical center, where it was decided to fly him to the nearby Sunninghill Hospital in Sandton for further examination.
At the hospital, they found suspected fractures in 5 vertebrae, fortunately without any damage to the spinal cord, and a CAT scan showed a severe cranial trauma, though it appears that were no neurological complications. Regis Laconi was moving his limbs, and is currently being kept in a clinically induced coma, and for this reason he has been placed on the danger list. He is due to be operated on early this evening to have two plates inserted to support his cracked vertebrae.
In a press release, the team wished him a speedy recovery, to which we add our own best wishes. Laconi had started the season very strongly, taking three fourth places at Phillip Island and Valencia, and looked capable of improvement. Hopefully, he will be back riding soon.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
breganzane45 min 7 sec ago
FD3SA2 hours 19 min ago
Oscar2 hours 39 min ago
spindizzy4 hours 2 min ago
azkiwi4 hours 21 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Andrea Dovizioso/Cal Crutchlow: «Sepang passt Ducati»
- MotoGP 2015: So sehen die Teams aus!
- Phillip Island: Die unendliche Geschichte des Sturzes
- Nicky Hayden: «Sepang ist wundervoll»
- Jeremy Burgess: «Trennung war eine gute Entscheidung»
- Londoner Bike-Festival mit Gardner, Spencer & Sarron
- Nicky Hayden & Aoyama: Ausflug in die Zukunft
- Phillip Island bei Sport1: Nur 90.000 Zuschauer
- Marc Márquez/Dani Pedrosa: Wiedergutmachung angesagt
- Avintia-Ducati 2015 mit Barbera und di Meglio
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: