Regis Laconi Receives Head And Back Injuries In Kyalami Crash
Regis Laconi has been seriously injured in a crash at Kyalami. The Frenchman, riding for the DFX Corse team, had just taken to the track when he crashed in a fast left hander, suffering injuries to his head and torso. It was immediately clear that Laconi was badly hurt, and after the medics had stabilized his condition, he was taken first to the trackside medical center, where it was decided to fly him to the nearby Sunninghill Hospital in Sandton for further examination.
At the hospital, they found suspected fractures in 5 vertebrae, fortunately without any damage to the spinal cord, and a CAT scan showed a severe cranial trauma, though it appears that were no neurological complications. Regis Laconi was moving his limbs, and is currently being kept in a clinically induced coma, and for this reason he has been placed on the danger list. He is due to be operated on early this evening to have two plates inserted to support his cracked vertebrae.
In a press release, the team wished him a speedy recovery, to which we add our own best wishes. Laconi had started the season very strongly, taking three fourth places at Phillip Island and Valencia, and looked capable of improvement. Hopefully, he will be back riding soon.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
David Emmett2 hours 40 min ago
David Emmett2 hours 47 min ago
Motoshrink2 hours 49 min ago
Motoshrink3 hours 55 sec ago
David Emmett3 hours 8 min ago
- Remus Racing: Wildcard-Einsätze für 2014 gestrichen
- Michael Bartholemy (VDS): Was er Jack Miller zutraut
- Drahtseilakt: Bradl & Co. über Stürze und Angst
- Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati): Minus 35 Sekunden!
- Stefan Bradl über Márquez: «Echt krass»
- Cecchinello: Jack ist Bradl-Nachfolger – nicht Cal
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Bin schnell, bis Reifen abbauen»
- Valentino Rossi: «Hatte Angst, 2014 nicht zu siegen»
- Andrea Iannone: Rückschritt für den Fortschritt
- Lin Jarvis: Details zum Forward-Projekt mit Bradl
Subscribe to email update: