Regis Laconi Receives Head And Back Injuries In Kyalami Crash
Regis Laconi has been seriously injured in a crash at Kyalami. The Frenchman, riding for the DFX Corse team, had just taken to the track when he crashed in a fast left hander, suffering injuries to his head and torso. It was immediately clear that Laconi was badly hurt, and after the medics had stabilized his condition, he was taken first to the trackside medical center, where it was decided to fly him to the nearby Sunninghill Hospital in Sandton for further examination.
At the hospital, they found suspected fractures in 5 vertebrae, fortunately without any damage to the spinal cord, and a CAT scan showed a severe cranial trauma, though it appears that were no neurological complications. Regis Laconi was moving his limbs, and is currently being kept in a clinically induced coma, and for this reason he has been placed on the danger list. He is due to be operated on early this evening to have two plates inserted to support his cracked vertebrae.
In a press release, the team wished him a speedy recovery, to which we add our own best wishes. Laconi had started the season very strongly, taking three fourth places at Phillip Island and Valencia, and looked capable of improvement. Hopefully, he will be back riding soon.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
johnjaundice1 hour 43 min ago
Team Punkass1 hour 56 min ago
David Emmett17 hours 5 min ago
paulj17 hours 37 min ago
Speeddog18 hours 12 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- MotoGP: Yonny Hernandez with Pramac Ducati for 2015
- Gibernau gives views on 2014 MotoGP™ frontrunners
- Destination Malaysia — Day Seven: Langkawi
- Sykes? Rea? Naaa. More Evidence that MotoGP Promotes From Within
- From Dept of This Is Huge: MV Announces Relationship With Mercedes
- Sepang-GP bei Sport1:
- Yonny Hernandez: Werksvertrag bei Ducati Corse
- LCR-Chef Cecchinello: «Traue Jack Miller Top-Ten zu»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Akzeptiere keine Einschnitte»
- Stefan Bradl: Warum er auf Öhlins beharrt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: