Regis Laconi Receives Head And Back Injuries In Kyalami Crash
Regis Laconi has been seriously injured in a crash at Kyalami. The Frenchman, riding for the DFX Corse team, had just taken to the track when he crashed in a fast left hander, suffering injuries to his head and torso. It was immediately clear that Laconi was badly hurt, and after the medics had stabilized his condition, he was taken first to the trackside medical center, where it was decided to fly him to the nearby Sunninghill Hospital in Sandton for further examination.
At the hospital, they found suspected fractures in 5 vertebrae, fortunately without any damage to the spinal cord, and a CAT scan showed a severe cranial trauma, though it appears that were no neurological complications. Regis Laconi was moving his limbs, and is currently being kept in a clinically induced coma, and for this reason he has been placed on the danger list. He is due to be operated on early this evening to have two plates inserted to support his cracked vertebrae.
In a press release, the team wished him a speedy recovery, to which we add our own best wishes. Laconi had started the season very strongly, taking three fourth places at Phillip Island and Valencia, and looked capable of improvement. Hopefully, he will be back riding soon.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Powervalve583 hours 43 min ago
Tourn469 hours 14 min ago
Motoshrink12 hours 31 min ago
avsatishchandra15 hours 59 min ago
livewoutlimit16 hours 16 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Donington-GP 2015: Jetzt Rabatt auf Tickets sichern!
- Die Heldentaten von Lawson, Waldmann & Rossi
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Miller hat Spaß und das Können»
- Márquez-Mutter: «Keine Sonderbehandlung für WM-Titel»
- Andrea Iannone (Ducati): «Habe nie etwas bereut»
- Vito Ippolito erneut zum FIM-Präsident gewählt
- Nicky Hayden über Ungewissheit, Rücktritt und Zukunft
- Suzuki-Boss: Schnelle Fortschritte bei Topspeed?
- Arzt rät ab: Kein «Superprestigio» für Nicky Hayden!
- Crew-Chief: Warum sich Miller & Stoner ähnlich sind
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: