Hopkins Dislocates Hip At Assen, Unlikely To Race
Assen has not been kind to John Hopkins. The last time Hopper visited the Dutch track, a huge crash saw him smash his leg and ruled him out of racing for two races, and the injury left him struggling for form and riding in pain for virtually the rest of the season. To add insult to injury, the American lost his ride for the 2009 season when Kawasaki pulled the plug on its MotoGP operation.
His fortunes looked to have revived after Hopkins found a new home in World Superbikes with the Stiggy Racing team. His first races on the bike were solid, given that he had spent just a few hours on the bike, and was up against a host of riders who were on their third race of the season.
But his revival has been short-lived. After just four laps of the first session of free practice for the World Superbike round at Assen, Hopkins had a huge crash, injuring himself badly enough to be transported to a local hospital. The doctors there found he had suffered a badly dislocated hip, an injury painful enough to rule him out of racing this weekend. The team has not confirmed that he will not be taking part in Sunday's races, but a team spokesperson told MotoGPMatters.com that Hopkins was in so much pain that he is highly unlikely to be taking part.
The silver lining for Hopkins is that he didn't break any bones in the crash. It is as yet unknown whether he will be fit in time for the next round of World Superbikes at Monza on May 8th.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Upon118 min 17 sec ago
kwaka21 min 32 sec ago
anteater32 min 7 sec ago
Firefly2 hours 53 min ago
Motoshrink3 hours 23 sec ago
- Brad Binder über Miller: «MotoGP-Aufstieg verrückt»
- Aki Ajo traute Miller MotoGP-Wechsel sofort zu!
- Alex De Angelis: Kahnbeinbruch, Aragón-GP fraglich
- Jack Miller: «Ich fahre 2015 MotoGP für LCR!»
- Rossi & Guareschi: Die Amputation des «Doctors»
- Jorge Lorenzo: Kostete Reifen den Misano-Sieg?
- Pit Beirer über MotoGP-KTM: «V4 mit Rohrrahmen»
- Pramac-Ducati fährt 2015 mit Hernandez und Petrucci
- Eugene Laverty: MotoGP-Wechsel bereits sicher!
- Donington Park: Inspektion am Mittwoch!
Subscribe to email update: