Rain Stops Play At Qatar - 125 Race Red-Flagged
A sudden deluge has put an end to the 125cc race at the MotoGP season opener at Qatar. Normally, rain is not a problem for the bikes, and the race would be restarted once the bikes had been fitted with wet tires. But the problem with the Qatar race is that it is a night race, run under the spotlights. And despite Musco lighting's remarkable and ingenious lighting system, once the rain starts falling, the light reflects off the surface water, the reflections start dazzling the riders, making it very difficult to see, let alone race.
Racing has been suspended, and there's no news at this time about when the race will resume. Dorna and the organizers will be under a lot of pressure to ensure the MotoGP race starts on time, due to TV commitments in Europe, so if the track does dry out, the races will be rescheduled to give priority to the MotoGP riders. We will keep you updated as and when we learn any more.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
nishanroy124531 min 6 sec ago
Sir_Bedevere8 hours 8 min ago
Trident8 hours 11 min ago
R6rider11 hours 36 min ago
johnjaundice15 hours 18 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Qatar WSBK Friday Quote Machine
- Ducati's Giugliano Fastest In Third WSBK Practice at Qatar
- Marco Melandri testet MotoGP-Aprilia in Valencia
- Valencia: Kein Abschiedsrennen für Colin Edwards!
- Marcel Schrötter: «Die MotoGP-WM ist kein Muss»
- Marc Márquez: «Bei Honda gibt es keine Stallorder»
- Sepang-GP bei Sport1: 320.000 Zuschauer!
- Yonny Hernandez: Werksvertrag bei Ducati Corse
- LCR-Chef Cecchinello: «Traue Jack Miller Top-Ten zu»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Akzeptiere keine Einschnitte»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: