Pedrosa To Undergo Surgery On Wednesday
The injury Dani Pedrosa suffered at Qatar is worse than at first thought. Early reports said that Pedrosa had come away from the accident with only bruising and swelling, but Pedrosa has not been so lucky. For according to the Spanish magazine Motociclismo, Pedrosa has suffered a distal radius fracture, an injury which will require the fitting of a titanium screw to compress the fracture. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday afternoon.
The good news, in a glass-one-sixteenth-full kind of way, is that Pedrosa only suffered a severely bruised and cut left knee. He is to have a skin graft on the knee at the same time as his wrist. Pedrosa suffered the injuries after his bike landed on him after highsiding him off in Turn 10 at Qatar.
Honda previously issued a press release stating they expected Pedrosa to be riding at the official Irta test in Jerez at the end of March, but it is doubtful that Pedrosa will be at full fitness by then. A distal radius fracture is not as difficult an injury as a scaphoid, but it can get very complicated due to the amount of soft tissue that is involved in the structure of the wrist. The Dexeus institute, where Pedrosa is to undergo surgery, will be issuing an update on his condition tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Jared Earle2 hours 58 min ago
Motoshrink5 hours 39 min ago
Motoshrink5 hours 45 min ago
Kiwi8 hours 2 min ago
Yamaha2strokes13 hours 53 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Toni Mang: «Rossi-Team ist wieder gierig nach Erfolg»
- Domi Aegerter: Reifen machen MotoGP-Test zur Farce
- Angel Nieto: Erster Fahrer auf dem «Walk of Fame»!
- Mike Leitner: «Stefan Bradl muss 2015 Zeichen setzen»
- Movistar-Yamaha-Team: Grüne M-Logos zu ähnlich?
- Wilco Zeelenberg (Yamaha): Sorgen wegen Einheits-ECU
- KTM-Teamchef Aki Ajo: Interesse am MotoGP-Aufstieg?
- Mike Leitner: Die Höhen und Tiefen mit Dani Pedrosa
- Sergio Verbena (Forward): Für Sepang-Test startklar
- Guidotti/Pramac: «Hernandez muss neugieriger werden»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: