Pedrosa To Undergo Surgery On Wednesday
The injury Dani Pedrosa suffered at Qatar is worse than at first thought. Early reports said that Pedrosa had come away from the accident with only bruising and swelling, but Pedrosa has not been so lucky. For according to the Spanish magazine Motociclismo, Pedrosa has suffered a distal radius fracture, an injury which will require the fitting of a titanium screw to compress the fracture. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday afternoon.
The good news, in a glass-one-sixteenth-full kind of way, is that Pedrosa only suffered a severely bruised and cut left knee. He is to have a skin graft on the knee at the same time as his wrist. Pedrosa suffered the injuries after his bike landed on him after highsiding him off in Turn 10 at Qatar.
Honda previously issued a press release stating they expected Pedrosa to be riding at the official Irta test in Jerez at the end of March, but it is doubtful that Pedrosa will be at full fitness by then. A distal radius fracture is not as difficult an injury as a scaphoid, but it can get very complicated due to the amount of soft tissue that is involved in the structure of the wrist. The Dexeus institute, where Pedrosa is to undergo surgery, will be issuing an update on his condition tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
bemer2six1 hour 49 min ago
Upon13 hours 44 min ago
Rusty Bucket USA3 hours 52 min ago
avsatishchandra3 hours 56 min ago
Real Moto News4 hours 21 min ago
- Tom Sykes zu MotoGP: «Einige SBK-Piloten sind besser»
- Michael Laverty, Broc Parkes (PBM): Keine WM-Punkte
- Scott Redding (Gresini-Honda): zweitbester Open-Pilot
- Aoyama, Camier (Aspar-Honda): Enttäuschendes Rennen
- Cal Crutchlow (Rang 12): «Das ist enttäuschend»
- Andrea Dovizioso (Rang 5): «Situation bessert sich»
- Andrea Iannone (Pramac): Wieso zickte seine Ducati?
- Aleix Espargaró (Yamaha/9.) ging volles Risiko
- Pol Espargaró/Rang 6.: «Harter Vorderreifen war gut»
- Dani Pedrosa (Honda): Lehrstunde von Marc Márquez
Subscribe to email update: