Pedrosa To Undergo Surgery On Wednesday
The injury Dani Pedrosa suffered at Qatar is worse than at first thought. Early reports said that Pedrosa had come away from the accident with only bruising and swelling, but Pedrosa has not been so lucky. For according to the Spanish magazine Motociclismo, Pedrosa has suffered a distal radius fracture, an injury which will require the fitting of a titanium screw to compress the fracture. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday afternoon.
The good news, in a glass-one-sixteenth-full kind of way, is that Pedrosa only suffered a severely bruised and cut left knee. He is to have a skin graft on the knee at the same time as his wrist. Pedrosa suffered the injuries after his bike landed on him after highsiding him off in Turn 10 at Qatar.
Honda previously issued a press release stating they expected Pedrosa to be riding at the official Irta test in Jerez at the end of March, but it is doubtful that Pedrosa will be at full fitness by then. A distal radius fracture is not as difficult an injury as a scaphoid, but it can get very complicated due to the amount of soft tissue that is involved in the structure of the wrist. The Dexeus institute, where Pedrosa is to undergo surgery, will be issuing an update on his condition tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
rsciandphi11 hours 18 min ago
David Emmett11 hours 21 min ago
MiniNinjamk516 hours 33 min ago
MiniNinjamk516 hours 37 min ago
Motoshrink1 day 4 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Streit: MotoGP auf Eurosport ein Vor- oder Nachteil?
- Stefan Bradl: «Zwei Jahre bei Forward? Kein Problem!»
- Nicky Hayden: «Will die Leute stolz machen»
- Doppelbelastung für Randy de Puniet: SBK und MotoGP
- Marc und Alex Márquez bei den RACC-Awards
- MotoGP: Die Wahl zum «Fahrer des Jahres»
- Yamaha: Warum sie Pol Espargaró halten müssen
- KTM in der MotoGP: Der Zeitplan wird eingehalten
- Jeremy Burgess: «Vorsprung der Top-4 ist zu groß»
- Aprilia ohne Alex Hofmann: Jetzt wird umstrukturiert
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: