Pedrosa To Undergo Surgery On Wednesday
The injury Dani Pedrosa suffered at Qatar is worse than at first thought. Early reports said that Pedrosa had come away from the accident with only bruising and swelling, but Pedrosa has not been so lucky. For according to the Spanish magazine Motociclismo, Pedrosa has suffered a distal radius fracture, an injury which will require the fitting of a titanium screw to compress the fracture. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday afternoon.
The good news, in a glass-one-sixteenth-full kind of way, is that Pedrosa only suffered a severely bruised and cut left knee. He is to have a skin graft on the knee at the same time as his wrist. Pedrosa suffered the injuries after his bike landed on him after highsiding him off in Turn 10 at Qatar.
Honda previously issued a press release stating they expected Pedrosa to be riding at the official Irta test in Jerez at the end of March, but it is doubtful that Pedrosa will be at full fitness by then. A distal radius fracture is not as difficult an injury as a scaphoid, but it can get very complicated due to the amount of soft tissue that is involved in the structure of the wrist. The Dexeus institute, where Pedrosa is to undergo surgery, will be issuing an update on his condition tomorrow.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
R6rider19 min 2 sec ago
Kiwi27 min 8 sec ago
mugwump36 min 29 sec ago
Machine46 min 24 sec ago
v4racer4 hours 31 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Eugene Laverty: Bruder Michael drückt die Daumen
- Marc Marquez (Honda): «MotoGP-Titel 2014 war Pflicht»
- Jack Miller/MotoGP: «Ich bin ein Clown»
- Casey Stoner nach HRC-Test: Etwas eingerostet
- MotoGP-Test Valencia: Was sich für 2015 alles ändert
- MotoGP-Kalender 2015: Wieder vier Rennen in Spanien
- Gigi Dall'Igna/Ducati: «Testfahrer Pirro bleibt»
- Dr. Mir rätselt: Wie hielt Espargaró den Schmerz aus?
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Márquez geht sehr viel Risiko ein»
- Wird Ducati mit Open-Privilegien zum Titel getrieben?
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: