Gibernau To Miss Qatar Test
Sete Gibernau has been forced to miss the upcoming test at Qatar due to take place in early March. The Spaniard damaged a ligament during training, and has been advised by doctors that he needs four weeks of rest for the injury to recover properly. Gibernau was already recovering from an earlier operation on his shoulder, and the doctors felt that the injury needed complete rest if Sete is to be fit for the start of the season.
The injury will come as a double blow for Gibernau: The Spanish veteran has suffered a long litany of injuries to the shoulder, and had only just had a plate removed which had been put in place to fix a collarbone injury Gibernau had suffered in his final year of MotoGP in 2006. But of more immediate concern, it would have been Gibernau's first chance to ride under the lights at Qatar. While the rest of the field - with the exception of Niccolo Canepa - have all already raced under the lights, the experience would have been extremely useful to Gibernau, if the Spaniard is to feature during the first race of the season.
Instead, Gibernau will make his reappearance at Jerez, at the official IRTA test at Jerez, at the end of March. By that time, he should be fully fit once more.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Averagerider5 hours 5 min ago
morbidelli171 day 7 hours ago
Seven4nineR1 day 20 hours ago
pooch1 day 21 hours ago
rumerz.com1 day 23 hours ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- PSA: Please Reconsider Using Your Rear Brake
- Scott Redding: 2014 mit Stoner-Techniker Gabarrini
- Sachsenring: Jetzt portofreie GP-Tickets sichern!
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Bradl ist verblüffend talentiert»
- «Sic Supermoto Day» mit Biaggi, aber ohne Rossi
- Aleix Espargaró: «Ich versuche, Pol zu schlagen»
- SIC-Day: Fahrerparade zu Ehren von Doriano Romboni
- Nach Romboni-Tod: SIC Supermoto Day abgesagt!
Subscribe to email update: