Gibernau To Miss Qatar Test
Sete Gibernau has been forced to miss the upcoming test at Qatar due to take place in early March. The Spaniard damaged a ligament during training, and has been advised by doctors that he needs four weeks of rest for the injury to recover properly. Gibernau was already recovering from an earlier operation on his shoulder, and the doctors felt that the injury needed complete rest if Sete is to be fit for the start of the season.
The injury will come as a double blow for Gibernau: The Spanish veteran has suffered a long litany of injuries to the shoulder, and had only just had a plate removed which had been put in place to fix a collarbone injury Gibernau had suffered in his final year of MotoGP in 2006. But of more immediate concern, it would have been Gibernau's first chance to ride under the lights at Qatar. While the rest of the field - with the exception of Niccolo Canepa - have all already raced under the lights, the experience would have been extremely useful to Gibernau, if the Spaniard is to feature during the first race of the season.
Instead, Gibernau will make his reappearance at Jerez, at the official IRTA test at Jerez, at the end of March. By that time, he should be fully fit once more.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
RidgeRunner10 min 4 sec ago
jbond1 hour 31 min ago
jbond1 hour 37 min ago
phoenix12 hours 22 min ago
Luiggi4 hours 59 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks
- Smith and Espargaro impressed with new Yamaha gearbox
- Lowes third as Nakagami tops day one at Jerez
- Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) hörte auf: Zu viel Risiko
- Cal Crutchlow verwundert: Vorderreifen zerbröselt
- Valentino Rossi lobt Reifen: «GP wird möglich sein»
- MoviStar: 5 Jahre Hauptsponsor des Yamaha-Werksteams
- Bridgestone: Die neuen Reifenmarkierungen 2014!
Subscribe to email update: