2009 World Superbike Final Test, Phillip Island, Day 3
Testing concluded for the penultimate time at Phillip Island, with only one more batch of riders due to test at the Australian circuit before the season commences in just over a week's time. Where Shinya Nakano had been quickest yesterday, today, it was the turn of his Aprilia team mate Max Biaggi to top the timesheets. The Roman Emperor just pipped Regis Laconi to the post, the DFX Ducati rider lapping only one hundredth of a second slower. Nakano was third fastest, ahead of an unleashed Broc Parkes on the Kawasaki. The Akashi factory may have pulled out of MotoGP, but they have stepped up support for some of the other series, posting a huge contingency in the AMA, and promising much more support in World Superbikes. By the look of Parkes' performance today, they may have got it right.
Of the World Supersport bikes, it was a former Kawasaki rider who topped the timesheets. Ant West repeated his performance from yesterday, setting the fastest lap on his Stiggy Motorsports Honda.
The next test will be this weekend, and then racing begins in earnest.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Averagerider29 min 51 sec ago
jerickson31 min 2 sec ago
joedoe3 hours 30 min ago
edwardhill19959 hours 52 min ago
LewTheShoe11 hours 57 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- 'In trouble' Lorenzo plots fight-back in Argentina
- ‘Argentina a big question mark’ says excited Rossi
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Ich brauche ein gutes Resultat»
- Valentino Rossi: «Reifen sind der wichtigste Faktor»
- Australien: Mischung aus Pay- und Free-TV
- Die Geschichte des Argentinien-GP
- Kevin Schwantz: «Ich würde Márquez hart anpacken»
- Márquez & Pedrosa: Erinnerungen an Argentinien
Subscribe to email update: