2009 World Superbike Final Test, Phillip Island, Day 3
Testing concluded for the penultimate time at Phillip Island, with only one more batch of riders due to test at the Australian circuit before the season commences in just over a week's time. Where Shinya Nakano had been quickest yesterday, today, it was the turn of his Aprilia team mate Max Biaggi to top the timesheets. The Roman Emperor just pipped Regis Laconi to the post, the DFX Ducati rider lapping only one hundredth of a second slower. Nakano was third fastest, ahead of an unleashed Broc Parkes on the Kawasaki. The Akashi factory may have pulled out of MotoGP, but they have stepped up support for some of the other series, posting a huge contingency in the AMA, and promising much more support in World Superbikes. By the look of Parkes' performance today, they may have got it right.
Of the World Supersport bikes, it was a former Kawasaki rider who topped the timesheets. Ant West repeated his performance from yesterday, setting the fastest lap on his Stiggy Motorsports Honda.
The next test will be this weekend, and then racing begins in earnest.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
wedge57 min 43 sec ago
v4racer1 hour 38 min ago
wazman1 hour 42 min ago
v4racer1 hour 47 min ago
Dharmabum1 hour 54 min ago
- Tyco boss: Waters win couldn't have come at a better time
- Cal Crutchlow: I’ve got to improve
- Tech 3 deny talks about all-Espargaro line-up in 2015
- Ducati-Ass Cal Crutchlow will Drag Race fahren
- Stefan Bradl: Wohin führt jetzt der Weg?
- Exklusiv: Aleix Espargaró für zwei Jahre bei Suzuki
- Dominique Aegerter ist bei Forward-Yamaha ein Thema
- Aprilia 2015 in der MotoGP: Mit Bautista und Laverty?
- Yamaha Gewinnspiel: Triff Valentino Rossi in Misano!
- Jonas Folger: «Ich fahre 2015 bei AGR in der Moto2»
Subscribe to email update: