2009 World Superbike Final Test, Phillip Island, Day 3
Testing concluded for the penultimate time at Phillip Island, with only one more batch of riders due to test at the Australian circuit before the season commences in just over a week's time. Where Shinya Nakano had been quickest yesterday, today, it was the turn of his Aprilia team mate Max Biaggi to top the timesheets. The Roman Emperor just pipped Regis Laconi to the post, the DFX Ducati rider lapping only one hundredth of a second slower. Nakano was third fastest, ahead of an unleashed Broc Parkes on the Kawasaki. The Akashi factory may have pulled out of MotoGP, but they have stepped up support for some of the other series, posting a huge contingency in the AMA, and promising much more support in World Superbikes. By the look of Parkes' performance today, they may have got it right.
Of the World Supersport bikes, it was a former Kawasaki rider who topped the timesheets. Ant West repeated his performance from yesterday, setting the fastest lap on his Stiggy Motorsports Honda.
The next test will be this weekend, and then racing begins in earnest.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
cb750wtf3 hours 17 sec ago
breganzane4 hours 48 min ago
FD3SA6 hours 23 min ago
Oscar6 hours 43 min ago
spindizzy8 hours 6 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Time schedule for the 2014 Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix
- Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup title to be decided at Sepang
- Marquez und Pedrosa mit der MotoGP-Honda in Sentul
- Nicky Hayden im Regierungsviertel in Putrajaya
- Malaysia-GP: Das TV-Programm von Sport1
- Andrea Dovizioso/Cal Crutchlow: «Sepang passt Ducati»
- MotoGP 2015: So sehen die Teams aus!
- Phillip Island: Die unendliche Geschichte des Sturzes
- Nicky Hayden: «Sepang ist wundervoll»
- Jeremy Burgess: «Trennung war eine gute Entscheidung»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: