For Sale: MotoGP Bike
Well, strictly speaking, not a MotoGP bike, but former GP racing motorcycles don't come onto the market very often, and when they do, fans dedicated and wealthy enough to be able to secure these machines need to move quickly.
So collectors and fans will be delighted to learn that some very rare exotica is now up for sale. Aprilia is selling off some of its 500cc V twin RSW 500 V2 GP bikes, the bikes contested Tetsuya Harada and Jeremy McWilliams in the 1999 and 2000 500cc World Championships. The exact numbers on offer are not exactly clear, but at least 3 bikes will be on sale:
- The bike which Harada used in the 1999 season;
- The bike which Harada used in the 2000 season
- The bike which McWilliams used in the 2000 season.
As you might expect for such rare and valuable machinery, the website discretely neglects to mention the prices the bikes are expected to raise, and as part of the purchase, buyers will have to sign a contract forbidding them discussing the technical details of the motorcycles with third parties, as the dimensions and details will still belong to Aprilia, under intellectual property law.
However, these are all mere details. The chance to own a racing motorcycle which took four podiums between 1999 and 2000 is not one that serious, and seriously rich, MotoGP fans are likely to pass up. Interested parties should contact Aprilia via their website. Below is a taster of what you will get for your money:
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
breganzane11 min 10 sec ago
REMchamp1 hour 34 min ago
Firefly2 hours 8 min ago
wallymann2 hours 45 min ago
Trident2 hours 47 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Official Ducati MotoGP Team Introduced At Audi Forum, In Germany
- Zemke Looking To Add Another Daytona 200 Victory To His Resume
- WERA National Challenge And Sportsman Series Racing At Roebling Road Raceway This Coming Weekend
- Cycle Gear And Shoei Hosting Autograph Session With Marc Marquez April 11 At COTA
- More From The MotoGP Test In Qatar
- Cortech To Continue As Sponsor Of AMA Pro Racing's Live Timing And Scoring
- Ducati unveil 2014 Desmosedici
- Phillip Island: Jorge Lorenzo führt vor Dani Pedrosa
Subscribe to email update: