Jeremy Burgess: "Single Tire Rule Is A Mistake"
Now that it has been made official, and before the contract is awarded, which will undoubtedly containing a clause silencing any criticism of the tires or tire company, reaction to the announcement of a single tire rule from figures directly involved in the paddock is starting to emerge.
The racing websites Autosport.com and GPOne.com have one such response, from no less a figure than Jeremy Burgess, the technical genius behind both Mick Doohan's and Valentino Rossi's 11 combined world championships. Burgess is emphatic: in JB's opinion, the move to a single tire rule is a mistake.
"I'm against it, this is a prototype championship and you need as many prototype factors in it, driving it forward, as possible. If it's dumbed down, we could very easily end up as a pseudo Superbike championship."
Burgess doesn't think the switch to a single tire supplier will make the racing any closer, either. "The cream will always rise to the top" he said on Autosport.com. Burgess also pointed out that in his opinion, the best battle at Motegi was between Lorenzo on Michelins and Pedrosa on Bridgestone tires.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Liys5 hours 47 min ago
Liys6 hours 29 min ago
Averagerider1 day 1 hour ago
morbidelli172 days 4 hours ago
Seven4nineR2 days 17 hours ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Paolo Simoncelli zum SIC Day: Schicksal wollte es so
- SIC-Day: Fahrerparade zu Ehren von Doriano Romboni
- Nach Romboni-Tod: SIC Supermoto Day abgesagt!
- Bradley Smith: «Pol wird mich anspornen»
- Drama beim SIC-Day: Doriano Romboni (44) ist tot
- adidas: Hauptsponsor von Yamaha, Rossi und Lorenzo?
- Marc Márquez: Titelfeier mit Honda in Motegi
- Dani Pedrosa: Alberto Puig nicht mehr in der Box
Subscribe to email update: