Pedrosa Still Uncertain For Laguna Seca Race
Various sources are reporting that Dani Pedrosa is still uncertain to race at Laguna Seca on Sunday. The Spaniard, who broke bones in his hand and ankle in a huge crash at the Sachsenring last Sunday, is in a great deal of pain when riding, especially from the left hand.
The layout at Laguna isn't helping. The track is twisty and makes riders work hard every inch of the way, but worse than that are the many downhill sections. Braking on a MotoGP bike puts huge stresses on a rider's hands and wrists, and braking downhill just makes it even worse. The strain from this may make it impossible for Pedrosa to run a full race, in which case it would be a better option for the Spaniard to pull out of the event and focus on recovering in time for the next race at Brno. Risking further injury for the sake of a couple of points - or even worse, not scoring any points - may not be the wisest strategy.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Averagerider2 hours 51 min ago
morbidelli171 day 5 hours ago
Seven4nineR1 day 18 hours ago
pooch1 day 19 hours ago
rumerz.com1 day 21 hours ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Scott Redding: 2014 mit Stoner-Techniker Gabarrini
- Sachsenring: Jetzt portofreie GP-Tickets sichern!
- Lucio Cecchinello: «Bradl ist verblüffend talentiert»
- «Sic Supermoto Day» mit Biaggi, aber ohne Rossi
- Aleix Espargaró: «Ich versuche, Pol zu schlagen»
- SIC-Day: Fahrerparade zu Ehren von Doriano Romboni
- Nach Romboni-Tod: SIC Supermoto Day abgesagt!
- Bradley Smith: «Pol wird mich anspornen»
Subscribe to email update: