MotoGP Artwork

Discussion and debate about the MotoGP class

MotoGP Artwork

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 am

We have a few MotoGP photo threads but thought it would be fun to have an artwork forum too. I'm sure there are quite a few that dabble in PhotoShop etc.

Serious or fun - have at it!

:D
RedJet

Re: MotoGP Artwork

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 am

MotoGP Aliens!
I used the colors from the manufactures and combined with their own personal color choices to create the look. Dani being an exception as he is so corporate colors, a total HRC/Repsol man, he gave me no other color choice to go with - while Stoner at least gave me some blue!

Items now available on my CafePress Shop. T-shirts, posters, stickers, cups, water bottles and a cool item in particular (especially for Phillip Island) - stadium blankets!

by ZebraSinclair, on Flickr

And lest anyone would think I wouldn't include my Ben ;)

by ZebraSinclair, on Flickr
Last edited by RedJet on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedJet

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 am

It goes a little something like this... :)

My son is a graphic design student and liked to play..
Last edited by Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha... Japanese for "Two dog's - One steak"- Japh the wise.
Cam D

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 am

Cam D

Postby RatsMC on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:09 am

RedJet, those are pretty awesome and quite creative. Any real fan would get that right away even though it is very subtle.

And Cam, I am really thinking we need a Vegemite/Marmite sponsorship rivalry. *wonders if he can track (http://motomatters.com/news/2009/07/14/stoner_s_mystery_illness_diagnosed_as_ga.html - check the comments)
RatsMC

Postby tom on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 am

Red Jet i would buy a couple of posters with the aliens art work on it. That's brilliant!! bring on the tee shirts as well! very clever and looks good
tom

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 am

tom wrote:Red Jet i would buy a couple of posters with the aliens art work on it. That's brilliant!! bring on the tee shirts as well! very clever and looks good

I was thinking of doing a CafePress thing because I was picturing myself wearing one at Laguna this year. If people are really interested I can put a shop up?

And thank you...all :)
RedJet

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 am

Cam,

Your son's got skillz! I love the Vegemite bike :lol: The Pepsi bike is well done!

How fun is this :D
RedJet

Postby WayneG on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:23 am

RatsMC wrote:And Cam, I am really thinking we need a Vegemite/Marmite sponsorship rivalry. *wonders if he can track (http://motomatters.com/news/2009/07/14/stoner_s_mystery_illness_diagnosed_as_ga.html - check the comments)

It's a little known fact that Vegemite has a higher salt content than salt. :)
My first love was my motorbike, we went through everything together. Wind, rain, fences..
WayneG

Postby RatsMC on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:28 am

WayneG wrote:
RatsMC wrote:And Cam, I am really thinking we need a Vegemite/Marmite sponsorship rivalry. *wonders if he can track (http://motomatters.com/news/2009/07/14/stoner_s_mystery_illness_diagnosed_as_ga.html - check the comments)

It's a little known fact that Vegemite has a higher salt content than salt. :)

:lol: Very similar to Spam then?

RedJet, there isn't really any harm in putting up a CafePress shop is there? If you want to do it, I can probably send some business your way from the Bay Area Rider's Forum.
RatsMC

Postby tom on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 am

RedJet wrote:
tom wrote:Red Jet i would buy a couple of posters with the aliens art work on it. That's brilliant!! bring on the tee shirts as well! very clever and looks good

I was thinking of doing a CafePress thing because I was picturing myself wearing one at Laguna this year. If people are really interested I can put a shop up?

And thank you...all :)

Seriously add me to the group buy.

Que up here guys
Tom = 2 x posters + 1 x shirt (medium)
tom

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:43 am

Bay Area! Born and Raised. :P

OK, I'll post here when up. And I'll include posters - well, I'll just do all that fits with the design. I will have a light t-shirt option too. Check back here for link, er, tomorrow night(ish).
RedJet

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:45 am

RatsMC wrote:RedJet, those are pretty awesome and quite creative. Any real fan would get that right away even though it is very subtle.

And Cam, I am really thinking we need a Vegemite/Marmite sponsorship rivalry. *wonders if he can track (http://motomatters.com/news/2009/07/14/stoner_s_mystery_illness_diagnosed_as_ga.html - check the comments)

He's on the case... maybe a Marmite Ducati.... mmmmm

And for the record.. I'm born and bred on Vegemite so you can keep your Marmite rubbish... that stuff tastes like sick :lol:
Cam D

Postby RatsMC on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:59 am

RedJet wrote:Bay Area! Born and Raised. :P

OK, I'll post here when up. And I'll include posters - well, I'll just do all that fits with the design. I will have a light t-shirt option too. Check back here for link, er, tomorrow night(ish).

Really? I've been here since 1981. I keep trying to live other places and keep coming back here.

When you place that CafePress order can you also put in for a couple of those Vegemite MotoGP bikes?
RatsMC

Postby RedJet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:16 am

RatsMC wrote:

Really? I've been here since 1981. I keep trying to live other places and keep coming back here.

When you place that CafePress order can you also put in for a couple of those Vegemite MotoGP bikes?

If Cam has a hi-res version of the image and it is ok with him, yes I certainly could. But his son did the artwork so he may want to put that in a shop of his own? Cam, thoughts?

We might be heading into a mottomatters CafePress shop here, lol.
RedJet

Postby RatsMC on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:03 am

RedJet wrote:
If Cam has a hi-res version of the image and it is ok with him, yes I certainly could. But his son did the artwork so he may want to put that in a shop of his own? Cam, thoughts?

Cool, I'd like mine with the fairing Aoyama has been running rather than the Repsol fairing. Also, I'd prefer the 2010 transmission since the 2010 seems to need some work and whatever bike I am riding will have to be my commuter.

(I was making a joke before, I don't think CafePress does prototype racing bikes ;) )
RatsMC

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 am

RedJet wrote:
RatsMC wrote:

I'll have a chat with Morgan and see if he can put it on the later model Honda. He should have higher res versions and I'm pretty sure he won't mind sharing. :) I'll put up some more of his pics tonight. He's done some wicked Scooters... just for Rats :P the commuter
Cam D

Postby motomania on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 am

I think we ought to talk Cam's son into doing up a bike in MTM livery, I'm just sayin' . . .
Talking about Laguna Seca . . . "I mean, everywhere's
pretty fun. Turn 1's, like I said, that scary, draws
your nut-sack up in your stomach fun."
- Ben Spies
motomania

Postby phil on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 am

motomania wrote:I think we ought to talk Cam's son into doing up a bike in MTM livery, I'm just sayin' . . .

THAT I'd buy!
Put me down for a screensaver in the mean time! ;)
phil

Postby Kropotkin on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 am

Cam D wrote:It goes a little something like this... :)

Those are both brilliant! You mind if I post those on Twitter? I did with RedJet's fantastic artwork too.
--
http://www.motomatters.com/ - MotoGP News, Analysis and Race Reports
Kropotkin
Site Admin

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
Cam D wrote:It goes a little something like this... :)

Those are both brilliant! You mind if I post those on Twitter? I did with RedJet's fantastic artwork too.

Go for it Dave, he's stoked you guys enjoyed them. He said he has a fair bit on design-wise at the moment but he'll do a late model version of the Vegemite bike first.

Here are a couple of other ideas he had. He's a two stroke nut btw :)

This last one is a pic of him in heaven :)
and the bike I built for him!
Cam D

Postby Gustav O on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 pm

That Kawasaki is great!!!
Gustav O

Postby Cam D on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Gustav O wrote:That Kawasaki is great!!!

Imagine banging around the street on something like that! Oh yeah.....
Cam D

Postby Gustav O on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Cam D wrote:Imagine banging around the street on something like that! Oh yeah.....

I´d buy it straight away!
Gustav O

Postby TheSecondStain on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

RatsMC wrote:RedJet, those are pretty awesome and quite creative. Any real fan would get that right away even though it is very subtle.

Hee-hee, I enjoyed those Vegemite/Marmite comments. Particularly the one where the posters talks about real Kiwi Marmite. Yes, I know real Kiwi Marmite. I have always been an original UK Marmite lover, but back in 1991, I moved to NZ for a year. Wonderful, wonderful country, but of all things, I missed Marmite. My dear old Mum even sent me out an industrial sized pot of UK Marmite, so I was well looked after. My first collision [yes, let's call it that] with Kiwi Marmite, made by the Sanatarium company, was an awful affair, with me ending up in the toilet spitting out bits of toast and gagging. After that I sent out the begging letter. :)

Disgusting stuff..!
Real thing..!
Only a motorcyclist truly understands why a dog sticks his head out of a car window
TheSecondStain

Next

Return to MotoGP Class