Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The best news from Silverstone
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
It was very nearly all good news at Silverstone…
A properly thrilling MotoGP race, reminiscent of the glory days of the 1990s, thanks mostly to Marc Márquez for shaking things up and spurring Jorge Lorenzo to ever greater heights.
motogp race The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
A stunning win from Scott Redding – a kid from a tough background “trying to make something of my life”.
Warm summer sunshine, great crowd and no one too badly hurt in any of the crashes, including that idiotic pile-up at the end of Moto2 warm-up, the kind of accident that can leave people in a very bad way. The guilty party Dani Rivas suffered a fractured shoulder, while one of his victims, Steven Odendaal suffered a fractured ankle.
The only really bad news for British GP fans was Cal Crutchlow’s bruising two days tasting the Silverstone tarmac, gravel traps and grass verges. And his bad news is somewhat linked to the really good news, which is coming up next.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Nessuno23 min 34 sec ago
btoy4 hours 10 min ago
Peka5 hours 48 min ago
Yamaha2strokes7 hours 8 min ago
David Emmett7 hours 13 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Nicky Hayden (18.): «Seltsames Gefühl»
- Andrea Iannone (11): Crash & Verletzung durch Márquez
- Alvaró Bautista (13.): Grip-Probleme und Ratlosigkeit
- Aleix Espargaro (2.): «Ich bin sehr zuversichtlich»
- Sepang: Pleite für Pol Espargaró & Bradley Smith
- Jorge Lorenzo: Bestzeit – Siegchance vorhanden
- Marc Marquez (4./Honda): «Der Regen war positiv»
- Dani Pedrosa (1./Honda) schimpft auf Regenreifen
- Andrea Dovizioso (7.): «Hätte schneller sein können»
- Cal Crutchlow (8.): «Wetter ist ein Desaster»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: