Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The best news from Silverstone
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
It was very nearly all good news at Silverstone…
A properly thrilling MotoGP race, reminiscent of the glory days of the 1990s, thanks mostly to Marc Márquez for shaking things up and spurring Jorge Lorenzo to ever greater heights.
motogp race The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
A stunning win from Scott Redding – a kid from a tough background “trying to make something of my life”.
Warm summer sunshine, great crowd and no one too badly hurt in any of the crashes, including that idiotic pile-up at the end of Moto2 warm-up, the kind of accident that can leave people in a very bad way. The guilty party Dani Rivas suffered a fractured shoulder, while one of his victims, Steven Odendaal suffered a fractured ankle.
The only really bad news for British GP fans was Cal Crutchlow’s bruising two days tasting the Silverstone tarmac, gravel traps and grass verges. And his bad news is somewhat linked to the really good news, which is coming up next.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Dharmabum28 min 58 sec ago
Agent551 hour 31 min ago
RichDesmond2 hours 12 min ago
Ren-jr.3 hours 40 min ago
motogpgeezer4 hours 9 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Jeremy Burgess: Was treibt er ohne Rossi?
- Phillip-Island-Test: Lorenzo und Rabat in Führung
- Phillip-Island-Test, 17 Uhr: Cal Crutchlow stärker
- Phillip-Island-Test, Tag 1: Lorenzo führt – 3. Rossi
- Elektronik in der MotoGP: Was sie so trickreich macht
- Phillip Island: Dani Pedrosa mit 20-Runden-Run
- Andrea Dovizioso: Nur 0,006 sec hinter Pedrosa!
- Cal Crutchlow: «Muss mich an Ducati gewöhnen»
Subscribe to email update: