Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
Amid all the Assen drama it was easy to forget about the forlorn figure of Dani Pedrosa, slumped in his pit, wondering what might have been.
If all things had been equal, victory should have belonged to the Spaniard. Instead he finished a distant fourth, just one place ahead of the remarkable Jorge Lorenzo. So instead of stretching his advantage over his main title rival by 14 points, he gained just two points on him.
Pedrosa may still lean on points but his season has gone awry since his back-to-back wins at Jerez and Le Mans, because for one reason or another he hasn’t been able to get the best out of the Bridgestones. At the three races since Le Mans – Mugello, Catalunya and Assen – he has cited tyre issues for his inability to challenge for victory.
At Mugello he struggled with Bridgestone’s heat-resistant rear tyre, new for this race. “We had many problems with the new rear tyre and we had to set up the bike completely differently to get grip,” he said. “Jorge was faster in the corners.”
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
ghostrider111 hour 35 min ago
redboots17 hours 39 min ago
Averagerider20 hours 37 min ago
steve hislop23 hours 4 min ago
Motoshrink2 days 18 hours ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Stefan Bradl: Die Pläne seines Motocross-Trainers
- Ducati-Rennchef Gigi Dall'Igna: 2015 um den WM-Titel?
- Sean Emmett: In Heathrow wegen Mordverdacht verhaftet
- Dorna: Zwei Autos mit Prominenten bei Eisrennserie
- Video: Jorge Lorenzo zeigt seine Traumvilla
- Valentino Rossi über 2014: «Siege sind das Ziel»
- Dani Pedrosa über die Trennung von Alberto Puig
- Giacomo Agostini über Burgess-Aus: «Verstehe Rossi»
Subscribe to email update: